Thread: Knik River Black Bear??

Default Knik River Black Bear??

Anyone see any bears yet on the Knik? I have a barrel set up and have been checking on it once a week. The game cam has caught some nice looking moose but no blackies yet. No sign has been seen as well.

Going to check on it Wed to see if I got a hit.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

Ive been hit, had one coming in until the wind picked up and he winded me. Im going back up tomorrow afternoon after work to swap cards in the camera and hang out for a bit.

I finally got hit the 28th of May with a Brownie and a Black cub. The black cub is the only one coming around. Had him come in on the stand on the 2 of June. On the 9th I had 3 brownies come in all within an hour or two. There was about an 8 foot brownie messing with the barrel. To bad we cant shoot them over bait and that they are out of season right now in the area I am in.

Going out tonight and tomorrow. Hope we can get some blackies in there. Been hit almost everyday, but there all brownies.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

I have been hunitng out there for about five years now and have taken a bear every year. This year is strange in that my baits have not been touched and it seems that there may be less hunting pressure than normal. at least I don't see the normal ammount of hunters in the area. I don't know if all that snow we had is maybe causing them to to show up late or not at all. any thoughts?
    Hunt, Fish and drink beer with friends.........because life is to short to work all day.

I've got some bait out near Friday Creek thats been getting torn up pretty good. Gonna head up on friday and sit on it for a while.

Seen a blackie on the shore of JIm lake the other day. Too far to shoot and i'm to old to chase it through that muck

We had a NICE blackie coming in friday night, but it stayed in the trees, circled around and above us, I knew exactly where it was going and I should have climbed down to cut it off, but didnt and then heard a BOOM, BOOM from the bottom of the mountain 5-10 mins after it disappeared. Thats twice I've had bears skirt around and not come in all the way. It was exciting and my heart would pound harder every time it would angle more toward the stand.