Thread: Dangerous Passage area info

Default Dangerous Passage area info

Well, getting off work in a few hours and planning on heading down lower Knight/Dangerous Passage area for a few days. I've never been down that far before. Can anyone give me some ideas of where to go for halibut and rockfish? Not looking for secret spots, but general locations that might be decent. Also any info on places to camp, either on the beach or to anchor up for the night.

Thanks everyone. Hope you all have had a great Memorial Day weekend.

Rob
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Jackpot Bay is a safe anchorage and there are shrimp around Icy Bay but have never caught any halibut there myself. Verdant Island is where we did some shrimping and picked up a few. Little Bay, Mummy Bay, and Hogan Bay have all produced halibut for me around their entrances.

Good luck and pray for sun!

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

The "hump" at the mouth of dangerous passage has produced some halibut for us before.

Also the steep slopes off of Chenega islang are pretty good for rockfish in about 600' of water.

I've had luck on the South side of Chenega for Haibut. Always later in the year, but I'll go back.

Well thanks for the info guys. We headed out Monday morning and fished all around Crafton Island near Eshamy Bay and only had a few bites. Fished thru slack tide and after for an hour more. Nothing. We tried several big humps all thru there. Looks really good on the charts but no fish. We decided to come back in and fish Perry and caught a few rockfish. Went back out Tuesday to rough seas and fished in close. Limited on Yellow Eye and pulled in a few gallons of shrimp. We cut the trip short by a day due to the rain and rough seas. I guess we will venture further out next week.
    Rob
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859