Thread: Float Fishing NW Alaska

Default Float Fishing NW Alaska

Any tips and/or suggestions on outfitters for a float fishing trip in August in NW Alaska? I don't want guided or gourmet meals which is what Google seems to give you for a result. I want transportation and the ability to rent some gear such as the raft.

Thanks ...

I would give Rick Grant a call at TIKCHIK AIR in Dillingham great pilot, planes and just good folks. They have a fleet of really nice SOTAR rafts a and gear. Been using them for over 20 yrs. 907-842-5841. Knows the area better than anyone I know.
    Goo Vogt
    ALASKA WILDWATER

Sorry, I thought I read SW Alaska-- My mistake
    Goo

For renting a raft, no options in Kotz that I am aware of since Walt Maslen moved. Perhaps Goo (above) could rent you a raft and send it up via NAC. He sells high end Sotar rafts and is a great guy. I know, I bought two Sotars from him myself. You fly up to Kotz and get the raft at NAC, then head over to the bush pilot and fly up to the river. After trip, drop Goo's raft off at NAC and pay them to send it back to Anchorage. Just that easy, done it myself.

Jim Kincaid is a reputable pilot up there, flying with him this fall myself. Jared Cummings is a newer pilot to the area and I have only heard good things of him. Those are the main two local guys as I know it since Eric Sieh took another job and Buck Maxson finally retired (so I am told). Spent a fair bit of time up there myself and it is a special place. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk further about fishing NW Alaska.

-Dan

Default NW Fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by LeakyBucket View Post
    Any tips and/or suggestions on outfitters for a float fishing trip in August in NW Alaska? I don't want guided or gourmet meals which is what Google seems to give you for a result. I want transportation and the ability to rent some gear such as the raft.

Thanks ...
    LeakyBucket, google search Alaska on your own.com
    Hope this helps!

D ray