Thread: Flood Warning Chena/Salcha

Default Flood Warning Chena/Salcha

I know this sucks but we have been getting all that rain we did not see for the past month in one weekend. The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for the Chena and Salcha rivers till 4 PM Monday. If you have plans on attempting a float trip still this weekend DON'T on either river. Stay safe!

BMR

Yeah, was thinking about putting in yesterday and after seeing it there was NO way I was going in the Chena.

Sorry to hear that for you interior folks. Wet down this way to! Kind of makes me happy that I decided to cover work this weekend and take a comp day for Monday!

Well all things being Chena and or the Chat. if you have plans on using our local rivers for extended type trips please note that a lot and I do mean a lot of log has made its way ino both systems. Please use safety as your priority if you have plans for this weekend or next on either river.

Best wishes

BMR

The Tanana was much worse than the Chena. I was constantly dodging logs and seen some pretty big stuff float by.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Yepper drive by it every day but I am talking the upper Chena through the middle. Thanks for pointing out the Tanana as well it has been Dodge Ball at best. Keep us posted your insight is a valuable resource to our friends who utlize the system.