Thread: New Glacier Craft Ready To Get Wet

Default New Glacier Craft Ready To Get Wet

I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and expect to get the boat wet sometime this week. Probably mid-week or coming weekend in Whittier. Been a long haul and pretty much non-stop work ( I am impatient) and countless dollars into this project. 45 days since getting delivery from welding completion at Glacier Craft on April 12, 2012 and it is basically ready to use. Many thanks to friends who have helped and patience from my family that I have not seen in the last 45 days but for minutes at a time.

At this point, the only items left are minor adjustments and calibration. EZ anchor puller needs gaskets and seals installed and cowling to be picked up with new paint-job from a buddy. This is very picture-heavy.

Credit also goes to a special friend, Sharon at Bandi Signs for the graphics.

Man, this came out real nice. I really like the salmon graphic that you have too, makes the boat truely one of a kind. Good luck on the launch, post up some in water pics when you get a chance.

Looks great, bud! I'll be out and about on the water starting mid-week. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Looking good, she should have bloody decks reel soon.

Very nice! Can't wait to hear how she performs w/ all those cool gadgets that you have installed. She'll be a head turner out there on the water for sure..

Congrats

Nice boat Mark, looks really roomy on the inside. I sure wish I had a Captains chair like that, looks comfortable. Is it named the "Lani K", I can't tell if there's more beyond the "K". I'll see you out there.

John, the boat is the "Lani Kai" and the captains chair is sweet. I have a compressor under it and works well to smooth out the sporty seas.

Mitch, it is three steps forward and two steps back. Having a few issues still to be worked out. Hoping to get out this coming weekend but may not have auto-pilot or anchor depending on whether I get an oil-seal in town tomorrow. I am also considering re-doing the under-dash wiring and moving the bus-bar somewhere else to get it neater.

That sure looked like U headed out of Whittier around 10:30 AM.

Your are not kidding when you said you have been busy the last 45 days. She looks like a fish killing machine. Well done!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.