Thread: Daughter's 1st Black Bear with her .243 Win

Default Daughter's 1st Black Bear with her .243 Win

I am pretty excited for my daughter's 1st Black Bear last night. She has watched her older brother get a sheep, goat, moose and his 1st Black Bear last Saturday. One shot from her .243 Win. She says: "Silly boys always talking about big guns, all it takes is the correct placement". She has always told it like it is!

Remington has a synthetic stock (that will fit on a Stainless Synthetic 700) that has one 1/2" shim and two 1/4' shims that you can add later. She shoots it perfectly, no flinching, no jerking the trigger. Bear went maybe 20ft.

Congrats Britainy!

Brett

PICT0028.jpg

Here is another photo with her .243

Attachment 60192

Congrats Britainy and Brett! Your family is off to a great start this year I hope it continues for you!

Great shooting, Britiany! Way to go dad! My son took his first bull moose and black bear with a Winchester .243.

awsome! well done, gotta love seeing the girls getting out there with there dads...thats cool man.

Congrats.
    Wes

Congratulations!! Hopefully many more times like this to come! I cant wait to be able to take my daughter hunting!

What a wonderful picture.Congrats young lady and may all your hunts be joyous..
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator13 View Post
    I am pretty excited for my daughter's 1st Black Bear last night. She has watched her older brother get a sheep, goat, moose and his 1st Black Bear last Saturday. One shot from her .243 Win. She says: "Silly boys always talking about big guns, all it takes is the correct placement". She has always told it like it is!

Remington has a synthetic stock (that will fit on a Stainless Synthetic 700) that has one 1/2" shim and two 1/4' shims that you can add later. She shoots it perfectly, no flinching, no jerking the trigger. Bear went maybe 20ft.

Congrats Britainy!

Brett

PICT0028.jpg
    Congrats! That will make a nice rug for her room. I'm sure she had a blast and will remember that trip for every.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Congratulations Lady, nice bear. And it looks bigger than brothers.

Very nice.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Awesome! That smile says it all. Good job, Dad. As my wife says, "the family that slays together, stays together."

Congratulations Britainy

YAY! Way to go!!!!!

Good job! Great photo! Can't wait 'til my daughters old enough to take hunting.