Thread: Little Campbell Lake this evening

Default Little Campbell Lake this evening

Took my nephew out to Little Campbell Lake after work today. I've been telling him that I would take him ice fishing, but things never worked out. With the temperatures, I figured it was now or never! We drilled two holes about 100 ft. offshore, where he caught 3 rainbow fingerlings which we released. We then moved out another 100 ft or so, where we found two holes that hadn't frozen over. One of them had a constant stream of water pouring into it from the melting snow, which I figured might attract some fish. Boy, was I right! Immediately upon dropping his line he caught one of those slimy black fish. He then caught two char that were big enough to keep, and that was about it. Yes, I know most of us would scoff at such small fish, but I cannot tell you how excited he was to take these home to his mom and how much he enjoyed eating them for dinner. He's had a rough little life lately with his mom dealing with cancer and his dad dealing with other issues, so it was a joy to see him light up at catching a couple of fish. Thanks to those of you who recommended this lake earlier this winter.

By the way, the ice was still 2.5 feet thick, though there was a couple of inches of standing water on the surface.

Talking Beautiful

Nice to see the post. Kids have to start somewhere and for them size doesn't matter. What matters is that the boy need a day fishing and you have probably integrated him into the ranks of becoming a life-long fisherman.

Great Job!!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thats what fishing is all about.

Smile I need to take my kids fishing now

I feel guilty now because my smallest boy has been asking to go ice fishing again, he wants to catch more blackfish!
    BM, keep taking that kid fishing and someday he'll be like BRIAN19ALASKA!
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default I used to take my sisters stepkids...

fishing, just to keep them away from the mean old step mom, & boy, they still talk about what I did for them some 14 years later...this will burn in there memory forever dude...& so will what you did for him, & don't forget that, & keep the kid fishing...cuz he'll remember what you've done for him forever...

Brian I think that's a great size fish for a kid his age. He'll remember that one for years and his smile says it all! I love fishing with kids and adults that are new to the sport. It reminds me that what I really love about fishing has more to do with friends, family and a love of the outdoors. Besides it's a real kick to see folks face light up! My wife's friend Angie just recently started fishing and it's a riot to go with her and Tracy. Every time they land a fish there is a big celebration including there very own song
    " Flop flop flop....flop flop flop....flop like a fishy....flop like a fishy" Well you get the idea, it's like they are kids again.

Man I miss guiding! Well looks like I maybe able to get back at it sooner than I thought my father in law has a business deal in the works that would make life allot easier on all of us.

Rick P

Gunthers first ice fishing trip 4 weeks old let me try again

Lets see if this worked
    Nope

Ok one more time Our freind Angie Gunther and Momy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Only fish of the day
    Attached Images Attached Images

that background is sweet
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.