Default Bears with big heads

PICT0608.jpg this bear is thick
    Bow hunters do it with longer shafts

That looks to be a TOAD.

Wow, what a huge bear!

Nice-- What size did the head score??

Quote Originally Posted by goeaux View Post
    Nice-- What size did the head score??
    Maybe someone can find out for sure around October 1st if that is a KP brownie.

That is a HUGE color phase Black bear IMHO. Short nose and head of a Black Bear as well as the short claws.

Gorgeous bear for sure.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    That is a HUGE color phase Black bear IMHO. Short nose and head of a Black Bear as well as the short claws.

Gorgeous bear for sure.
    Going out on a limb to say that Steve. Your going to have to get a DNA sample on this forum!! One of the threads in the baiting section proves that! I still question myself for posting this site anymore.

If that's a black bear it's easily the largest I've ever seen. I'm not much of a gambler, but I don't think I'd lose money if I bet on that bear being a griz.

I agree-- Looks like a 3-4 year griz- To me -- But all I know is the photo?? Have been involved with both, not that I gamble--But-- time will tell- Hope it is an anomaly !!!
    Good luck--
    Goo

PICT0606.jpgHere is the only other pic i have of him the post is 36 inch's by the way the bottom of the keg is 40 inch's

PICT0605.jpghere is another visitor

Another Kenai monster , anyone every here how the survey the Feds did turned out ? We have 8 differnt browns working the bait one huge sow with triplets. Lots or blacks hitting too.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
    PICT0608.jpg this bear is thick
    WOW! keep him around for me!!!! come oct give me a shout!! no really you should HAHA

PICT0165-001.JPGThought i would up date this with the older brother lol

Blackcat, nice photos, thx for sharing. I've heard that there will be a late season/fall brown bear hunt on the KP this fall? And if so, the first in a while? I have not looked at the regs to verify or validate the info, hope it is not rumor. As you live down there, any chance you've tracked bears over the year to know where these guys might be then? That'd be pretty amazing to spot and stalk those guys w/ a bow. Talk about thumping hearts, wow. I'd like to see your successes posted if you were able to hunt them late season. As most folks reporting from the KP are seeing nothing, or mostly, the big browns, it might be nice to be able to make some room for a few blacks. Keep the photos coming,
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Blackcat, nice photos, thx for sharing. I've heard that there will be a late season/fall brown bear hunt on the KP this fall?
    Supposedly there will be a "registration" hunt this fall for brownies. There is a difference between a regular hunt and a registration hunt. But this will only happen if there aren't too many sow DLP kills this summer. AND....if it does actually happen, it could close pretty fast if too many sows are killed within the first few days. I hope I'm wrong, but I have my doubts as to if it will be much of a hunt.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I think I hear registration hunt too, so sounds like my info is correct mostly. Has F&G said how many sows taken will be the trigger to stop the hunt? Any goals on boars or sows? Just like the registration goat hunts in Southeast, it is important for hunters to know what they are looking at, and how what they take affects the management goals. Good info, thanks for wading in, and agin Blackcat, I hope to see more of these photos, maybe one w/ you in it next to a beautiful bear.
    ARR