Thread: Have you ever wondered.....

Default Have you ever wondered.....

What would happen if you shot your rifle with the boresighter still in the barrel?

http://www.atvfrontier.com/Forums/vi...c/t=26157.html

I'm betting it was rather LOUD. I wonder what the recoil was like.....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Experience...

Had a 'new' muzzleloader kit that I finished, one of my first, a .50 percussion. Took it out with a friend one day to see how many shots I could get off in a minute with it. First shot was fine, second was good, third shot, the recoil was REAL heavy, fourth shot, I dumped the charge, short started the patched ball, but then realized that the ramrod was gone. As in perhaps in a thousand pieces scattered over a couple hundred yards gone.....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    Had a 'new' muzzleloader kit that I finished, one of my first, a .50 percussion. Took it out with a friend one day to see how many shots I could get off in a minute with it. First shot was fine, second was good, third shot, the recoil was REAL heavy, fourth shot, I dumped the charge, short started the patched ball, but then realized that the ramrod was gone. As in perhaps in a thousand pieces scattered over a couple hundred yards gone.....

I guess that explains the recoil....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

" Don't do that no more... hurt like hell didn't it!?" Jeff Foxworthy

- Clint

Default Speaking of 'hurtin'

Guy goes in to the dentist, sits in the chair, gets the apron, Dentist picks up the hypodermic with the anesthetic, and the guy waves him off, saying 'I don't need that, I've had pain, and dental work ain't nuthin'. The Doc, amazed at the statement, asks 'what in the world happened to you that makes dental work pale in comparison?'
    The guy replies, 'I was in the woods, and needed to take a dump, so I leaned back against a tree to do my business, and just as I settled in, a bear trap in the leaves snapped shut on my testicles!'
    The Doc says 'Gawd, that must've hurt'....to which the fella replies 'not near as bad as when I hit the end of that chain'........