Thread: Ft Wainwright / MWR and BMR

Wink Ft Wainwright / MWR and BMR

Little advanced notice on a couple of free fishing seminars / classes that we are getting established at FWW through MWR. BMR has donated 8 hours of time so two classes with basic casting, set up and reading water etc....... Working Lara after the Holiday to establish dates sometime after the 12 of June and prior to the 30th of June. Class size will be limited to about 10 per class. As soon as we hammer our the details I will Post them into a sticky. Everything should be No Charge that is what I requested so let us see if MWR follows my lead. I will also ask about opening it up to Non- DOD personnel for those who are interested. Expect the classes to be a Mid Week thing from 6:00PM - 10:00PM. Gear for the lessons will be provided with a disc of the Gulkana, Chena and Parks hwgy systems i.e. Salmon, Bows and Grayling.

If this goes as planned we will do something this winter as well through MWR for fly tying.

Hope and trust everyone has a safe and happy weekend>

RMM
    BMR

I work on FWA as a DOD civilian and have heard nothing but this oppertunity. I am very new to fly fishing and do not feel comfortable at all with my casting or choices of equipment. Last year I took UAFs class, and it helped, but I need more one on one instruction.

Please remember to follow up with this thread in order to keep us amateurs informed. Right now I would like to fish places other than pileddriver slough, but just feel too uncomfortable not really knowing what I'm doing. I would hate to waste money on a guided trip until I got a little more confident in my abilities.

Thank you for offering this oppertunity.

Just waiting on MWR response they request a couple of weeks after Mem weekend to get things straighten out and approved. As soon as they have worked out their details I will follow up and ensure you know.

BMR

Thank you. I appreciate the response.

BMR this is a great opportunity and one heck of an offer to FWA thank you! Wish I was up there to get on this.

MWR has eastablish the session however the asked to move the dates back to July and I have agreed. As soon as they officially advertise them I will post them just in case anyone who has access to the post can attend and listen to my rants and enjoy my bad habits. It will be a basic course with about 1.5 hours of class time etc.. maybe some river time as well from the banks of the Chena.

Moose-O

Thank you for following up with the thread. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. I will be out of state for 3 weeks in July. Maybe next time.