Dates are 8/14/12 fly from Anchorage Alaska Air arriving Bethel 8:54am. Leave Bethel 8/23 at 8:47pm arriving Anchorage 9:54pm. This is a float trip on the Kwethluk river a little more than 1 hour flight time from Bethel. Two men with gear will be flown in on a Beaver via Papa Bear Adventures. We need to carry the gear from where the plane drops us off on a lake about 150 yards to the river. That is the only "portage" on the trip. Where the Kwethluk meets the Kuskokwim, a local man will meet us with a river boat; we will knock down" our gear and he will take us down river to Bethel. I expect this to be about 2.5 hour ride. We fly out this same day/evening back to Anchorage.

The cost for this flight with Papa Bear, rental of rafting gear, the kitchen, propane stove, and tent is 4,200 for two men or 2,100 each. We would split the costs 50/50.

What is not included in this price?
Airfare to and from Bethel, food for the trip which we would either purchase in Anchorage or Bethel, fishing gear, and personal gear such as rain protection, waders, etc. We might also want to share in room in Anchorage and a car for the day before. My flight arrives Anchorage on the 13th at 10am. I have to stay overnight in either Anchorage or Bethel.

Last year I floated the Goodnews and had a blast. I mostly fly fished with some spin casting catching lots of fish both from the raft floating and on shore. That was a 5 day trip about 55 miles. I chose the Kwethluk because it is less well known, there are no fishing lodges on the river, it is a longer trip just over 100 miles. And the silvers will be running. My two partners had to back out so I am trying to salvage the trip. I was born in Fairbanks, have had lots of wilderness adventures, am an accomplished oarsman. I am 62 and healthy, non-smoker. I have two businesses; I have been a General contractor for 30 years and have a health business in pain management for the last 25 years.

If you are interested, please contact me ASAP.
Bill Keele
312 Hololani Street, Pukalani, HI 96768