Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some action!

Lightbulb Some action!

I havn't read much of anything on this forum worth reading so far. This forum is for we baiters to talk about our stations! Not arguing over a picture, so let's hear it... Anyone beginning to get bears in their stations? I haven't been able to check mine up in unit 16 yet but I will be heading up Thursday! I will post pictures if I have any visitors. I would really like this thread to be used for all baiters to mention how their season is going so far... That's what this forum is for, let's hear it fellas!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Absolutely no action at our site, still 4 feet of snow in there.

None so far but I havent checked it since saturday, heading up tomorrow to check again, i'm betting that I did get a hit. Going to be a busy weekend up the Parks hwy though with the memorial day weekend campers....

Been filling up my 55 gallon barrel's every few days.

Set my bait two weeks ago and havent been back because of the 4' of snow. Im going to camp out all weekend and hopefully put the smack down with my .460.
    Hopefully be posting some photos on Sunday evening.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    None so far but I havent checked it since saturday, heading up tomorrow to check again, i'm betting that I did get a hit. Going to be a busy weekend up the Parks hwy though with the memorial day weekend campers....
    Hey I totally forgot about the issue of weekend campers up their during memorial day. Oh well, I'm away from any trail for the most part. I am going up Thursday to check/ rebait, then on Friday I'm gonna stay out all night do a burn or two and drop one with my rampage XT!! At least that's what I pray will happen!

headed out tomorrow to check and preobably rebait, had a griz hit both of my stands for about 5 days and he hadnt been back for a week due to empty barrels. refilled on sunday but still 1-2 feet of snow in unit 7 at my stands.
    NRA life Member JVJ

Had our first hit yesterday in 15A. Too bad it is the wrong color! Not too surprising considering the brain surgeon biologist's we have on the peninsula. Our brown bear season should start this spring!

Default first hit

First hit here in 14...actually a friend is running the station this year so his boy can take a bear. Looks like he might get a chance :-)

Attached Images Attached Images

Default bears

Had a black hitting for a few days until these guys moved in, havent seen the black in a week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Checked my bait site around noon today, nothing yet surprisingly. My trail cam had hundreds of pics from birds. Usually by now I have a hit so hopefully it picks up soon. Check back on monday or tuesday after the weekend campers traffic is over.

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    Checked my bait site around noon today, nothing yet surprisingly. My trail cam had hundreds of pics from birds. Usually by now I have a hit so hopefully it picks up soon. Check back on monday or tuesday after the weekend campers traffic is over.
    PM me please, I dont know how too, but i think it will go to my email if you start it and I will be able to respond. I would like to ask you some questions about our little area.

I started geting hits here in 14 on the 12th of may and than it was pretty quiet over these last 2 weeks. I went up last night and sat in the stand for a bit with no action I decided to leave and check the game cam to find well over 100 pics of.7 differant bears, some pics had up to 5 bears in them including cubs toill have to.post them later cause I didn't have another sd card to swap out but ill be sure to be gettin that card tonight.

Attachment 60184First one of the year for me.
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

Here in 15A and have browns on my bait.. This is getting ridiculous down here with all the ****ing brown bears and f&g with their heads in their butt about the real brown problem here but doing nothing serious about addressing it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Im in 15 A checked again last night and more brown I have a total of 5 different brown bears hitting my site, pretty much the same story for everyone I know baiting in the same area. I did however see pics from a friends cam with an easy 6 foot blackie on it whos spot is a few miles from me. Browns are outta control plain and simple. Im thinking of calling it quits been baiting this area for 20 yrs and never seen or heard of so many brown bears on so many different baits. Its just getting too expensive driving 6 miles every 2 days to feed brown bears. I sure wish they would let each registered bait site in 15a take 1 brown bear every 4 yrs I think that would put a decent little dent in the 15A population.

i meant to say 60 miles of driving 6 miles wouldnt be bad at all

Unit 14 brownsAttachment 60322

Finally got a hit on my bait. Not a bad bear about average size, has a nice white V on his chest and looks to be partially color-phased. Sat an hour at the stand this am but he didn't show, try shoot him the next few nights. Ran out of memory on my card so missed what happened the last few days, might even have another bear there.

I now have 5 different brown's on my bait in 15A. Looks like one or more of geoff156's bears have been visiting me as well. I have had two small blacks making short visits as well. I hope lots of you come down to the Kenai Oct. 1 and help us reduce the brown bear population this fall!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast