Thread: looking for sourdough starter

Default looking for sourdough starter

Thought I would ask - my wife is looking for a sourdough starter that is either historic or has at least been alive a long time. Its our anniversary and I thought I'd surprise her with this critter. Does anyone have a starter or know where I can get a really good one? Thanks all!

Richcap
    Try this website. This is an old recipe and they send it for free. I got some but it didn't work mainly because I didn't do it right/put in the required effort. It is a legit website though and sounds like they have been doing this for a while.

http://carlsfriends.net/

Default The Magical Dough

I can hook you up with a great starter. It's been working away in my kitchen for about 6 years and before that it was employed by a well-known restaurant in Fairbanks for a long time. You are welcomed to swing by my home at your convienence and take delivery. Just send me a PM and we can work out a time. Happy to share. I know how hard it was for me to locate some.

Coaldust

Quote Originally Posted by richcap View Post
    Thought I would ask - my wife is looking for a sourdough starter that is either historic or has at least been alive a long time. Its our anniversary and I thought I'd surprise her with this critter. Does anyone have a starter or know where I can get a really good one? Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaldust View Post
    I can hook you up with a great starter. It's been working away in my kitchen for about 6 years and before that it was employed by a well-known restaurant in Fairbanks for a long time. You are welcomed to swing by my home at your convienence and take delivery. Just send me a PM and we can work out a time. Happy to share. I know how hard it was for me to locate some.

Coaldust

Thanks you guys for the responses!

My starter was born in 1984, I can dry some wafers on wax paper and mail them to you...crush and mix with some sugar water, starter in a week or two