Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiggy's bags

Default Wiggy's bags

hi all,
    i'm new to the forum,but ive followed for a while,and i really like what it has to offer.when someone asks for advise,it seems that the answers that are given are for real.im from canada and we have very poor selection for sleeping bags,etc.
    most canadians shop by price,not quality.
    i'm looking for a good roomy synthrtic sleeping bag.not a mummy style because i don't back pack,but compact enough to carry on a quad or in a 185.ive been looking at a wiggy bag.
    has anyone used them,or is there something better out there.
    any ideas would be appreciated.
    thanks,bob

The wiggys bags are fantastic and sound like they will work perfect for your needs.

I agree with LuJon. Even my wife can stay toasty warm in her Wiggy's bag and that is alot.

Well synthetic bags are the cheapest of all so Canadians should like them. And you can even go cheaper getting some closeout synthetic bags from say REI or campmor for 50$. But I tried a handful of different synthetic fills and the warmest fill was Lamalite in a Wiggys bag. They do sell rectangular style also. Price is less than down and you can wash it to keep it clean. They have some good prices right now on the website...
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

I love Wiggy's bags for everything except backpacking...with vehicle transport choosing one is a no brainer.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I have two wiggys bags and we are soon going to add a third for my wife. I have the glacier hunter for Sheep hunting and backpacking and a antarctic bag for winter camping. Wouldnt give up either one!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Anyone know what is the weight of a glacier bag?

My long Glacier Hunter inside of a Ptarmigan Ti bivy and stuffed into it's stuffsack weighs 61 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by 58D View Post
    My long Glacier Hunter inside of a Ptarmigan Ti bivy and stuffed into it's stuffsack weighs 61 oz.
    Excellent, thanks!

Got a Wiggys SnugPak rated to 41F comfort and 32F as the Min. nice and warm and very very light and small like the size of a nerf football. Great for the day pack.
    RLTW
    HUNT HARD HUNT SAFE
    WILL

We have 3 wiggies bags, all excellent bags. Oldest one is 20 years old and still works as good as the day I bought it.
    Even when wet, they keep you warm. No problem with storing them in a stuff sack either or washing in the machine at home.
    Highly recommended.
    BK

Any Wiggy's fit a guy 6'7" 300lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman from Vegas View Post
    Call them and ask...IIRC they'll custom fab darn near anything you need. Their customer service is extremely good.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman from Vegas View Post
    If you're in Anchorage, the one and only Wiggy's Store is on the Old Seward next to that pink car wash. Marc Taylor owns/runs it and he has all their bags, I think.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Does anyone sell Wiggy's bags in Fairbanks?

Marc would probably ship one up to you. I have seen wiggys at the Anc sportsmans so it may be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    Does anyone sell Wiggy's bags in Fairbanks?
    I've seen them at Sportsman's Warehouse.

hi,
    i just want to thank all of you for your feedback on wiggy's bags.
    i just got my hunter superlite,and it has got to be the nices bag i have seen.it really is nice to get
    positive feedback about a product before you pull the trigger.
    thanks again

just pick'd up a kifaru 0 degree slick bag....thinking it's gonna be nice...by the way i have a glcier hunter also & use & like it but the slick bag compares weight wise to down

I had the regular/regular super light. They are hands down the bet bag you will buy, especially at such a reasonable price. I did give my sister my reg/reg and I upgraded to the same bag in wide/reg. everyone I'm our family now has the super light bags. I like the product so much I have the liner jacket too. Nothing like wearing the bag on a cold day. I have had it from here to the north slope, to cold bay & unimak, homer, and back. I am not a paid advertisement, you can't go wrong with em'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast