Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings in Seward

Default Kings in Seward

I seen a few other people out Saturday, and put in several hours trolling. Did anyone have luck? Im really not sure where I should be trying but II have heard to just start trolling out of the harbor, any other tips? Id like to try again this weekend too.

I tried out my new fishfinder out near Hive and Twin Rocks but saw no bait fish or anything of size (other than whales!). No luck for a few hours trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Witch View Post
    I tried out my new fishfinder out near Hive and Twin Rocks but saw no bait fish or anything of size (other than whales!). No luck for a few hours trolling.
    I was out there with you. No luck trolling, unless the sunken tree counts. Saw nothing on the fish finder, either. It's Homer for me this weekend.

Ya thats what I figured, I seen very little life out there, not even many birds.... Well im heading to deep creek weather providing hopefully its better there! thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    Ya thats what I figured, I seen very little life out there, not even many birds.... Well im heading to deep creek weather providing hopefully its better there! thanks guys!
    I'd say your chances are going to be much better at Deep Creek than Seward this weekend. I always hate to be disparaging toward Seward, but in all my years trolling for kings down there I just never had much luck at all. Especially for the returning stocked kings. I think the best king I ever caught there was along the stretch where all the campers/RV's are and that was an extremely blushed king that looked as though it was ready to give up the ghost. I even threw it back because I couldn't imagine eating it. Deep Creek down to Anchor has lots of returning kings heading up the coast that will still be in feeding mode. Of course it's Memorial Day weekend, so it's probably going to be a ZOO all along the peninsula. Good luck and hope you catch a big one!
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

All I have to say about this subject is that the King lady (cannot remember her name sorry) doesn't have any truble catching kings out of Seward. Maybe she just knows something others don't

Dianne M. Dubuc with Alaska Saltwater Charters. From what I here she knows how to catch salmon better than most.

Hmmmm sounds like I need to make friends with her, although if she is chartering I doubt she would give out too much info.

I've fished with Dianne on the "Floretta Sea"[?] when she was in Homer and after she moved to Seward. Never been skunked with her. You have to fish a little different in Seward than in Homer. She always gave a good trip.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak kid View Post
    All I have to say about this subject is that the King lady (cannot remember her name sorry) doesn't have any truble catching kings out of Seward. Maybe she just knows something others don't
    Oh I'm not saying you can't catch kings out of Seward, it's a matter of timing and location that most people don't know. Catching kings there takes a lot of local knowledge that people like Dianne on the Florette C obviously have. I doubt you'll ever find her trolling for kings anywhere near town. If it were simple a lot more people would do it and there'd be a lot more charter operators doing it, too.

King fishing out of Homer is a lot "easier" for someone that doesn't really know the area or how to do it. The spots and methods to catch kings here are absolutely no secret both for feeders and spawners. If you launch out of Deep Creek, Anchor Pt. or the harbor in Homer this weekend all you have to do to catch a king is follow the fleets.

doubt you'll ever find her trolling for kings anywhere near town

Actually she does. I have seen her drop her gear right out of the harbor. I think she is just a real "fishy" person. I think if there is a king to be caught she can catch it.

Diane is a very fishy person, definitely one of the top in the Seward area. But its no secret what she does, anyone that's spent enough time on the water doing it can figure out, which is the same for the Homer area. You can catch kings through out the winter and summer if you are familiar with the area.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    Diane is a very fishy person, definitely one of the top in the Seward area. But its no secret what she does, anyone that's spent enough time on the water doing it can figure out, which is the same for the Homer area. You can catch kings through out the winter and summer if you are familiar with the area.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm just curious where you can catch kings in Res Bay in the middle of Nov., Dec., Jan., or Feb. (not to mention any month spawning kings aren't around) and be no more than about a 10 to 20 minute boat ride from the harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    I'm just curious where you can catch kings in Res Bay in the middle of Nov., Dec., Jan., or Feb. (not to mention any month spawning kings aren't around) and be no more than about a 10 to 20 minute boat ride from the harbor?

Do you ever stop pimping Homer? There are kings to be had out of res bay and in good numbers too.
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    Do you ever stop pimping Homer? There are kings to be had out of res bay and in good numbers too.
    Apparently it's no secret where they are. So where do you go to get them? Do you have any pictures of the ones you've caught there?

Why does that bother you so much? LOL! I'm not "pimping" Homer. If people don't want to come here to fish that's fine with me because it means less boats to compete with. But we certainly don't need your inane comments about my trying to give good information. All I'm trying to do is give the people that care about the best information about catching kings good information to make plans for the best fishing experience they can get. If there are kings in good numbers out of Seward in those months that you can get to in 10 to 20 minutes where are they? I'm sure people would like to know.

Thought the thread was about kings in Seward?
    I think that is where the OP wants to know where the kings are.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    If you want to know where to catch kings in Res. Bay it sounds like you should ask Diane.
    Regarding catching kings 10-20 minutes from the harbor, I don't believe that claim/comparison was made.
    And I don't think that anyone is obligated to back up their statements. If I said that I had a spot where I could consistently catch 100-lb halibut and someone told me to prove it, I'd tell them to pound sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    Thought the thread was about kings in Seward?
    I think that is where the OP wants to know where the kings are.
    Maybe if you read the whole thread you'd understand. The OP said he's going to Deep Creek to fish for kings and I said that this weekend that would probably be the better option. Then someone else jumped in and brought up "the fish lady". It progressed off track from there. I have yet to hear from anyone where they are catching decent kings out of Seward right now and until someone proves to me that it's a more viable option than fishing off of the Deep Creek to Anchor area I'll stand by my statement that I made to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    If you want to know where to catch kings in Res. Bay it sounds like you should ask Diane.
    Regarding catching kings 10-20 minutes from the harbor, I don't believe that claim/comparison was made.
    And I don't think that anyone is obligated to back up their statements. If I said that I had a spot where I could consistently catch 100-lb halibut and someone told me to prove it, I'd tell them to pound sand.
    Maybe you're not saying because you don't have the slightest clue. I don't want to know where to fish for kings out of Seward. I've fished out of Seward long enough (about 17 years) to know where there are or aren't kings. I asked where you can catch kings a 10 to 20 minute boat ride from the harbor when there aren't spawning kings around because I know it is NOT possible. Fortunately the difference between me and people like you is I am very happy to share my fishing knowledge with those that want to know. Unfortunately there are way too many people like you on this forum that think they are the only people entitled to good information about where and how to catch fish. If you don't like my posts then when you see my name just don't read what I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    If I said that I had a spot where I could consistently catch 100-lb halibut and someone told me to prove it, I'd tell them to pound sand.
    So your secret halibut spot is on a sandy bottom area?

Quote Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
    So your secret halibut spot is on a sandy bottom area?
    LOL! Apparently that's about all the info you'll get out of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast