Thread: Delta Clearwater Grayling Fishing Trip

Default Delta Clearwater Grayling Fishing Trip

I was going to head up to the Delta Clearwater River next week (June 2nd) for some grayling fishing. I plan on canoeing from the State Rec. Site to Clearwater Lake. Will the fishing be good? I have been told they migrate seasonally. I don't want to make the long trip if the fishing hasn't picked up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
    I was going to head up to the Delta Clearwater River next week (June 2nd) for some grayling fishing. I plan on canoeing from the State Rec. Site to Clearwater Lake. Will the fishing be good? I have been told they migrate seasonally. I don't want to make the long trip if the fishing hasn't picked up.

Thanks
    Although there will be fish in the system, I would wait a little longer. Even waiting till mid June, there will be many more catchable numbers of grayling. I have been optomistic in the past outings during May and June only to be met with diappointment in the count. I have come to a personal realization about the DCW, I dont even think about fishing there until July anymore.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Thanks for the information. That is exactly what I was concerned about, but was having trouble getting a solid answer. I didn't want to travel there and be disappointed. I will look into take a later trip. Probably in early July. Thanks again.

early july should be perfect!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Yep Yeppers Jedi - worse thing is those darn Whitefish are hard to move if you do try early as well well that and the Power Boat Dodge Ball game cuz veryone has to zoom zoom when the weather gets nicer in late May. Lack of consistant fishing and dodging power boats makes for fun just not good fishing.

As always thank you for your insight and consistant contributions.

BMR