Thread: Wolverine help

Default Wolverine help

I need/want one wolverine! I read a lot about them for decades and know they are wide ranging, usually solitary, not readily seen, elusive, etc.

I'm looking to find someone that would be interested in letting me go out on the line with them while setting wolverine sets. Then I would be willing to buy the fur from them.
    Anyone in the Juneau, Eagle River, Wasilla, Talkeetna, Homer, Wrangell, or wherever area can help me, please email or PM.

I have been to Alaska several times, hunting Dall sheep, Brown bear, moose, and sitka blacktail.

Ron,
    Check out our website. Send an email and I maybe can help you out. Email alpinecreeklodgealaska@gci.net

See this page: http://www.alpinecreeklodge.com/id69.html

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I wish it was that easy. The best trappers I know may get a couple a season.

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Ron,
    Check out our website. Send an email and I maybe can help you out. Email alpinecreeklodgealaska@gci.net

See this page: http://www.alpinecreeklodge.com/id69.html

Claude
    Thanks denalihunter! I'm waiting for a reply from your partner once he gets done with bear guiding, but I think it's more $ than I can spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherman View Post
    I wish it was that easy. The best trappers I know may get a couple a season.
    Hey Teach- I never said it was that easy. I do already know the best trappers get only a small number each year. I have read alot about them for decades.
    I would like to come up and get out with someone to make some sets and then return home and see if any would get caught in the following months. Then I would be willing to purchase the fur.

I could see that working. I was thinking you wanted results within the week, lol. I got one this season that was a toad. Next year my partner and I are planning on putting in 20-30 sets for them. Not very glamorous and pretty freakin cold. Not saying we couldn't get one in a cat set either but when we focus on them it's with a Belisle 330 in an elevated bucket or a mb750 on a moose kill. If you are still thinking about it in the Fall drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunnerron View Post
    Hey Teach- I never said it was that easy. I do already know the best trappers get only a small number each year. I have read alot about them for decades.
    I would like to come up and get out with someone to make some sets and then return home and see if any would get caught in the following months. Then I would be willing to purchase the fur.

The best trappers I know may get a couple a season.
    WHOA!!!!! Come on now... I'm peev'd at my efforts if I can't bring in double digits...

Its all about good country and populations. There are some good areas out there that hold lots...just gotta find that area.

Some days are better than others:

And some days..are a little more exciting than planned:
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Lol, I wonder what the most wolverine someone's got in a season is? My guess would be in SE, can't even guess a number.

Lol, I wonder what the most wolverine someone's got in a season is? My guess would be in SE, can't even guess a number.
    Nope it would be someone trapping the Brooks Range or out West someplace. I know a guy who got 18 one year and have heard of others getting over 20 but all of them where N or NW.
    SE has good numbers but accessibility makes putting up big numbers very hard
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it