Thread: non aluminum cabin windows

Default non aluminum cabin windows

Due to the money im spending on new motor...id like to save some coin on my cab. Does anyone have any pics of a marine plywood cab/ plywood. Especially windows/doors. Just trying to get some odeas for my setup. Thank ya

Quote Originally Posted by hunt/trapak88 View Post
    Due to the money im spending on new motor...id like to save some coin on my cab. Does anyone have any pics of a marine plywood cab/ plywood. Especially windows/doors. Just trying to get some odeas for my setup. Thank ya
    Lexan or acrylic for windows bedded in a nice beard of caulking and screwed on with stainless screws with finishing washers. Sliding door with track made with UHMW or plastic decking for the slider tracks. Make a cabin out of cardboard first so you can use it as a pattern.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Is lexan easily cutable?

Is lexan easily cutable?
    I've cut it with a jigsaw or turn the blade backwards in a skillsaw. I'd use acrylic material, its cheaper.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

what is that really tough rubber trim called?? up here at work we have it on all our windows on our doors....no body can tell the name of the stuff. i will take a pic of it tomorrow. looks like it has a small "wedge" piece of rubber that seals it......

what is that really tough rubber trim called?? up here at work we have it on all our windows on our doors....no body can tell the name of the stuff. i will take a pic of it tomorrow. looks like it has a small "wedge" piece of rubber that seals it......
    window gasket,made in different sizes for the thickness of the wall it will go onto, they have it at cac plastics in wasilla or you can find it here crlaurence.com .
    Here's a pic of a window i put in my back cabin wall, used black caulk and screws with finish washers and have to wait for the caulk to harden before i trim it up better.
    P5250517.JPG

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    window gasket,made in different sizes for the thickness of the wall it will go onto, they have it at cac plastics in wasilla or you can find it here crlaurence.com .
    Here's a pic of a window i put in my back cabin wall, used black caulk and screws with finish washers and have to wait for the caulk to harden before i trim it up better.
    P5250517.JPG
    from the crl website
    CRL Universal Gasket 1/8" Panel - 3/16" to 1/4" Glass
    CRL One-Piece Self-Sealing Weatherstrips are perfect for working on farm equipment, off road equipment or older trucks. CRL has the weatherstrip you will need to perform the best gasket set installations possible. These weatherstrips are designed with the majority of installation configurations in mind.

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/sh...ModelID=20873#glass.png

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Did something like that, I think it was Alaska Rubber where I got the rubber gasket. Once I cut the lexan ( yes easy to cut) I cut out cabin and just popped the window in with lots of dish soap for lube, just like the MFG do.
    Wish I had some of the gasket left over for van window now!