Thread: 1/2 day charters ?

Default 1/2 day charters ?

Anybody know of anyone running 1/2 halibut charters out of Whittier ? Have some cousins going to be there for a day this summer but do not have time for the normal 7-5 charter.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I would say the reason that you aren't getting any feedback here is that in general, you have to go quite a ways from Whittier to get into halibut. There are some right in the harbor area sometimes, but not enough to consistently guide people in to. Even the 6 hour glacier cruises take all day after you go through the tunnel and back. I'm not saying that there isn't a charter doing some sort of half day charter, but it is highly unlikely. Anything in Whittier will turn into a 7-5 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    I would say the reason that you aren't getting any feedback here is that in general, you have to go quite a ways from Whittier to get into halibut. There are some right in the harbor area sometimes, but not enough to consistently guide people in to. Even the 6 hour glacier cruises take all day after you go through the tunnel and back. I'm not saying that there isn't a charter doing some sort of half day charter, but it is highly unlikely. Anything in Whittier will turn into a 7-5 and beyond.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with that in general. Though I just did a quick Google search and came up with one right at the top of the page: https://www.soundfuncharters.com/. But I've never fished with them so can't tell you how good (or bad) they might be. And whether or not they'll do a half day might depend on the time of year. Like right now I doubt there will be many salmon close enough to do a half day to catch them, but later in the year when they start coming in closer you might find more charters chasing them.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Saltwater Excursions talk to Kristi or Brad

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Piscor Ergo Sum

What time of year will they be there, Roger? It would be worthwhile to do a half-day silver charter out of Whittier, but I don't think I'd bother with a half-day charter for halibut. If halibut is their goal, they should either strongly consider a different port or a longer charter.

Thanks everyone, Yep I knew it was a shot in the dark. They are on a Princess cruise But they are on thier own have understand the Princess system to understand that comment LOL!!! They will have 6-7 hrs to spare before they board ship. Tried to tell them about halibut. I'm taking them Salmon fishing up here. I will try to contact a few of the above

Thanks Again
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!