Thread: peters creek area

Default peters creek area

I was planning to go hunt some black bears/ scout for my DB470 permit and was just wondering if anyone has seen any blackies or brown bears back in there this spring? Also where are you seeing them above tree line, in the trees, or are they pretty close to the creek? Thanks for any information!

I've been up the trail 4 times or so this spring and have yet to see any bears. Seen some tracks from a Black Bear on the trail and theres a couple other sets along with a few den blow outs on the hill side south of the creek, the north facing slope. Funny you posted this because I was just about to ask if anyone had info on a better spot to glass for Blackies with better odds then Peters Creek. Been putting in the miles and time but havent been able to put eyes on anything alive yet.

How far back down the trail were you going and about how many dens did you confirm?
    Thanks again!!!

There are definately 2 that I seen tracks coming from and a few others that I never got a great look at but seemed to be a nice odd brown spot on the side of the snow pack. One is closer to the beginning of the trail and the others were further back in. I've only been back to the end of the old road. Walked up into a few of knolls to get a better vantage point but I haven't been lucky yet.

Is there alot of show and how low is the snow line? Should i carry the extra weight and bring the snow shoes?

Theres no snow on the south facing hill or on the trail. The other side of the creek is a different story though.

Alright thank you very much! Hope you get a black bear too!