Thread: Super Puma Modifications

Default Super Puma Modifications

I have a Super Puma that has the typical frame and I purchased one of the tables that serve double duty as a seat for two in the forward section of the raft. I am planning on adding a stern seat and possibly an anchor system.

Is the anchor system sold for these by Alaska Raft worthwhile and usable in rivers like the Kenai?

Lastly, are there any opinions on motor mounts, motor size, etc?

The Anchor system is worthwhile and you can purchase it from AR&K you can also google search and find similar items with similar applications.

Super Puma has a reason Kick so if you plan on mounting a stern seat/frame to your boat please take that into consideration with the Super Puma. Sometimes depending on your set up you can also side mount and although maybe not as user freindly still effecient enough to accomplish the task.

Prior to purchase check the kick and the way the Stern Frame mounts to the NRS or ARK motor mount you may find you will have to have a Long Shaft motor in order to make your application work properly.

Hope the information helps. Best Wishes.

RMM
    www.bluemooseraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by gdkodiak View Post
    I have a Super Puma that has the typical frame and I purchased one of the tables that serve double duty as a seat for two in the forward section of the raft. I am planning on adding a stern seat and possibly an anchor system.

Is the anchor system sold for these by Alaska Raft worthwhile and usable in rivers like the Kenai?

Lastly, are there any opinions on motor mounts, motor size, etc?
    I'm running a Super duper Puma. I use a 3.5hp long shaft motor and it does ok. Sometimes I wish I had a 5hp but I definitely wouldn't go bigger than 5hp. I have a tendency to fish with 5 adults and a dog (only on big water). I have my raft set up with a standard frame, two seats mounted on coolers in the middle, two seats on the front corners of the frame and the 5th seat on the very back by the motor mount. Even the little 3.5hp will make the front end come up too much without weight in the front of the raft. I want to add a casting platform and a lean bar to the frame.

I use the anchor system from AR&K and it works great with a 25lb pyramid anchor. As with any raft you still have to be careful where you drop the anchor. I'll try to find some pics.