Thread: Finally Got Remington Brass To Perform For Me

Default Finally Got Remington Brass To Perform For Me

I bought 200 Remington 7mm-08 brass to experiment with even though the Nosler Custom brass was really giving me more accuracy than Winchester brass and especially the Remington brass. I just could not seem to get the accuracy I was use to getting with the Nosler brass, so I decided to take once fired Rem brass and and not neck size, but full size them and trimming them to the minimum trim length, did the flash holes, trued the primer pockets, turned the necks and then used 210 Fed primers, W760 and Speer's 130gr SBT using an OAL of 2.780" like my Sierra match 130gr bullets.

This load gives me good velocity, excellent accuracy and the deviation will allow me to make good long shots and I don't have to worry about the 130gr speer opening up at distance and the velocities match my LR Duplex. Yes, I am very please with this load for deer, coyote, bobcat and hog.

Here is the data showing the efficiency and consistency of this load.

Here is my load for my 7mm-08 using Remington Brass

Date:,5/18/2012,,

Time:,8:20:00 AM,,

Bullet Grains:130 Speer SBT

Hi Vel: 2976

Low Vel: 2969

Ave Vel: 2971

Ext Spread: 7

Std Dev: 4

130gr Speer SBT very good load with Rem Brass 210 fed primers W760 OAL 2.780

Velocity

Three shot group at 100yds
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

that group would keep me up for a week ! what rifle ?

Nosler M48 TGR 7mm-08
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Very nice group. Have you weighed say 50 cases to see what the distribution is? I completely prep cases before weighing them to know that all the cases externally are exactly the same.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Very nice group. Have you weighed say 50 cases to see what the distribution is? I completely prep cases before weighing them to know that all the cases externally are exactly the same.

Yes, I prep them then weigh them and sort them into groups. These last 200 Remington brass were to far off in weight, not as bad as some other times and not as bad as some Winchester brass, but not as good as Nosler Custom.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS