Thread: "Snap Decisions" / my new book

Default "Snap Decisions" / my new book

Hey PhotoFreaks,

IF YOU DECIDE TO PITCH IN ON THIS PROJECT PLEASE EMAIL ME SO I CAN GIVE ALASKA OUTDOOR DIRECTORY THEIR 5% CUT....

I'm finally getting my book published. Snap Decisions: My 30 Years as an Alaska News Photographer is a photo memoir of my time at the Anchorage Daily News. It'll go to the printer in about a month and be ready for delivery in November. I've got a designer, marketing rep, and publication agent paid for. I need help with the printing costs.

To that end I've created an online fundraising campaign using the very cool website Kickstarter.com. Kickstarter is not a "slush fund" operation. If I don't make my goal in 30 days any money pledge is returned to you. I'm hoping you'll be interested in "kick starting" my book. I'm trying to raise $6000 (but I'll certainly take more - it's costing about $12k to publish).

You can pitch in $5 - $150 (or more, but my highest request is $150) in return for a "Reward". A copy of the book is $25, a personalized signed copy is $35. You can get your name on a Kickstarter "Thank You" page in the book and a signed copy for $75. The book is softbound, 8x10 inches, 150 pages with about 160 photos.

Basically I'm pre-selling the book and this is a chance for you to get one "hot off the presses" and delivered before anyone else.

Please take a look at the Kickstarter page for Snap Decisions. Then send it around to any friends who may be interested in seeing the very best photos from my career.

My campaign will end June 3rd. Hey, I'm on a deadline again! Thanks so much....jim

Far North Press
    Jim Lavrakas
    PO Box 1459 / Homer, AK 99603
    www.FarNorthPress.com
    907-360-2319
    jlav@gci.net

SD_FullCoverLR.jpg

Default The link

I could have sworn I put a link to my Kickstarter page.