Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seward snaggn????

Default Seward snaggn????

Headn down for sum bank snaggn by the prison in the morn the guys at Millers said it was on we will see

I may do the same I have wanted to give it a try. drive safe and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by medic2022 View Post
    I may do the same I have wanted to give it a try. drive safe and good luck.
    yeah this is the first weekend of dealing with CRAZEY ASS drivers headn south FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!

I think its a little early. I haven't herd of anyone catching anything yet. I over heard someone ask about the reds at the fish house today and they responded no fish yet. Should be soon though.

I usually hit it around the 20th and do good. This is the first year that i will not be in seward for memorial day weekend, but we usually kill the fish on that weekend. I was thinking of heading down this weekend to try my luck but with the tides it is just not going to work out with my work schedule. good luck to you and hope you get some

Just a side note that I spoke with our local brown shirt and felt sole waders are not going to be allowed on $5 beach. Just ordered my new boots this week.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ben View Post
    Just a side note that I spoke with our local brown shirt and felt sole waders are not going to be allowed on $5 beach. Just ordered my new boots this week.
    Better get what ya can boys!!! Are four big boats and are jittny's will be showing up Tuesday to start cleaning them out!!! please use heavy enough gear that you are not breaking off!!! it's not sport!! I don't want to have to spend all day cutting snagging hooks out of are net's!!! that being said hope you fill your freezers!!! good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Better get what ya can boys!!! Are four big boats and are jittny's will be showing up Tuesday to start cleaning them out!!! please use heavy enough gear that you are not breaking off!!! it's not sport!! I don't want to have to spend all day cutting snagging hooks out of are net's!!! that being said hope you fill your freezers!!! good luck

When was fishing with rod and reel not a sport????

What's the secret to tide timing for these? I've been down at least half a dozen times and have never done well. Maybe it's timing and where I'm fishing? I dunno....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ben View Post
    Sounds like you may not know this, but felt soled waders are not legal in ANY fresh waters of AK now. It's in the SC regulations on p.4 and you can find it on line. Here's a link to the emergency order: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...1576&year=2012
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Emphasis on the word "fresh", correct? I think felt in saltwater is still ok.

Does anyone know the story on where the smolt are being released now ? I had heard that instead of Bear Lake, they are now released (and return to ) the Dock over by the Chip Pile. Does this mean they don't return to Res. River in the same numbers ?
    And didn't the Trail Lake Hatchery lose a entire years of smolt to a virus ? Which year were those smolt supposed to return ?

Quote Originally Posted by cochie View Post
    Does anyone know the story on where the smolt are being released now ? I had heard that instead of Bear Lake, they are now released (and return to ) the Dock over by the Chip Pile. Does this mean they don't return to Res. River in the same numbers ?
    And didn't the Trail Lake Hatchery lose a entire years of smolt to a virus ? Which year were those smolt supposed to return ?
    Yes the release takes place over closer to spring creek by the prison, where the OP wrote about going. Good news is you dont have to pay $5 a head to get in there! Not sure about the virus you speak of, I remember hearing something about big losses though a couple years ago, so could be this years fish got impacted by it. Typically this run gets going after the first week of June and goes though the first week of July. I think whoever told you "Its on!" is full of crap because there haven't been any reds caught here yet.

Well aware of the Fresh Water law but $5 beach is brackish and tidal which makes it a gray area that needed clarification.

headed out this weekend for few day in seward. how the fishing been this year? rockfish or cod fishing area suggestions? and the reds are they coming in yet?

I don't think the comm. guys have been catching much yet.

I heard the cost recovery guys have gotten nada. The fishing is slow right now but people are picking up a couple here and there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Piscor Ergo Sum

I am thinking of heading down on the 31st for the morning tide. Will give a report if I make it down there.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

i didn't really see anyone snagging this Friday or Saturday. Great Halibut fishing Saturday around Fox Island (no real size), lots of Cod to.

What is the current status of the reds in resurrection?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast