Thread: Willow Packraft run

Default Willow Packraft run

We made our first decent from the guardrail to red gate on the Willow last night. The water was low which made things a bit bumpy. We took to beginners along for the run and they ran nearly flawless runs (1 swimmer at the rapid above the put in). It is very interesting how the low water makes some sections look much more intimidating while others which were more of a challenge at high water so easy. As for wood in the river there is a log across and the second rapid up from the put in which I am not sure if it was there last year but you should be able to duck under it and rocks have now jammed up against the log noted as "One less lawyer and have made a nice drop off of the log, please scout yourself before trying. I will post a video here in a week or so.
    -JR

Default Willow Creek fun

John and I took my wife and kids down redgate, and then ran guardrail today at just under 500cfs. While the creek is still low it is climbing, and the boaters were out in force. Kayaks , packrafts, IK's and canoes were all seen on the creek and everyone was smiling and having fun.
    With warm weather "supposedly" coming, expect the stream to rise daily.

Here is the video as promised.
    Enjoy!
    -JR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU3xJekq-Yg