Thread: Quick connect setup for 15 gallon drums?

Default Quick connect setup for 15 gallon drums?

Does any one have any advice on a quick connect setup for 15 gallon drums for an outboard? Pictures and purchas info. Setup for the Koyukuk.

Shoot snowwolfe a pm. He has done this.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by walssj View Post
    Does any one have any advice on a quick connect setup for 15 gallon drums for an outboard? Pictures and purchas info. Setup for the Koyukuk.
    I use the Mercury connectors. Not because they are the greatest, simply because I had an old 55 Merc back in the 70's and the system works quite well for us. I have a Merc Male connector on the gas line going to my Racor filter. I have a female connector on all of my 15 gallon gas barrels.. I haven't completely mastered the art of uploading photos with my mac on this forum but I could email you picts if you'd like.

thank you, walssj@yahoo.com

i tried to send a pm but got a message saying i was not authorized.

This is the style I use; they can be bought at Wal-Mart cheap. I run them for my kicker and also have a connection off my racor that is plumbed inside the boat for 15's. I believe there for a Chrysler or Honda.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's easy. You use teflon tape on the threads of your brand fuel connection screwed into the fitting on the pick-up tube in the 15-gallon drum. You should also thread a fitting into the other side for a vent. I'll take photos.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

gas2.jpgfilter after.jpgAdded valves to my Racor's and bought quick connect ends. Tried it out last weekend worked great. Ran one motor off the 30 gallon drum and the other off the main tank, then swapped when I got down to the last 2" in the drum.
    Hi all, Erik & Jodi

If your close to Eagle River give me a shout and I'll show you the set up, including the fttings for the drums and the quick release fuel fittings. If possible forget the 15 gal jugs and move up to 30's or 55's.