Thread: Kenai next week

Default Kenai next week

Heading up this Saturday. How much snow do you guys still have on the ground? Debating on the snow shoes? I know if I was hunting bears here on the island I'd probably still have them with me up high.

Don't know about up high. I mowed my lawn yesterday. Probably more snow on the Seward side.

If you mean the Peninsula then it's a big place. Up high, lots of snow, Kenai itself....no snow. Depends on where you're going.

Over on this side (east) there is still a bit of snow in the woods. We tried again on Monday night to get up to where we bait on the 4 wheeler and couldn't make it. Last year I set up on the 16th of April in the same spot. It has been pretty warm and sunny the last couple days so I'll try again Friday eve and see.

Still have 2-3ft at 1400 ft elevation above Homer. South faces are good to go.

I was close-ish to Summit Lake on Tuesday and there was still plenty of snow, but the snowpack was reasonably solid and the walking was decent. I packed my snowshoes but never put them on.