Thread: My sheep custom!

Default My sheep custom!

I posted it elsewhere but it was a poor pic and now that it's finally together I thought folks might want to see!

M700 Classic chopped to 20", bolt flute, Corlanes powder coat, gretan pin/shroud, McEdge Hunter, Leup 2-7x33LRDup, 6lb 5oz. Calibre? -> .300sav

130TTSX in hornady brass over 8208xbr for 2900
    150SST in same over same for 2750
    180AFrames in same over RL15 for 2500

That looks like a sweet setup in a classic cartridge. Nice job.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Sharp rifle, interesting caliber choice. Doubt you see another 300 Savage bolt rifle on the mountain, most would just go for the ubiquitous 308 Winchester rather than its pappy 300 Savage.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

looks great and a classic round. I have a 300 savage in a model 99 and love it.

I doubt a sheep could tell the difference between a 130 @ 3100 and a 130 @ 2900. So I went with the cool factor of the 300sav

Is that a painted Ram-Line stock and did you do the painting? I like the 300savage
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

300savage is a cool cartridge.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

It's a Mcmillan Edge in the Mtn Rifle pattern, basic tan. I want to put some black webbing on it, but finding someone in Canada who still does it is turning out to be a headache.

Good looking rifle....great minds think alike. 20" Barrel on a .308 win Model 7, same stock and color to boot. Twinies especially since that rifle now has a black leupy on it now too.

Nice looking sheep rifles guys!

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    It's a Mcmillan Edge in the Mtn Rifle pattern, basic tan. I want to put some black webbing on it, but finding someone in Canada who still does it is turning out to be a headache.
    I have the same stock on my carbon 300RUM. McMillan will do a repaint with their epoxy blends for $60.00 They are now doing a variety of base colors with speckle top coats. I had mine done with a grey base and a black / white speckle. When I picked mine up I saw one with a olive green base and a tan / black speckle, it was nicer than mine. I might pony up and spend another $60.00 for a redo...

McMillan won't do a factory webbing anymore, just a full repaint (maybe just not in Canada?) Believe me I asked There were only a few guys in Canada doing it (professionally) and it seems most of them are out of the business now.

I was going to go with pimp silver optics but they only make the 2-7 in matte and I wasn't willing to pay the extra $$ for 2.5-8x silver. Not really worth it, the 2-7 is a great scope! Nice M7, that was what I was going for.

Badass build! I've been thinking of doing something exactly like that with the Mauser in my avatar for when my girls get older, but in 7mm; never thought of .300 Savage, but I like the idea. Cool rifle!
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

just a tidbit on stock paint, not spiderweb but good texture, "FIRMFOOT" deck spray - I found it while buying stain for a house - It is meant for outdoors, has alot of great texture in it and comes in several good colors - be sure to ask for extra can nozzles as the stuff tends to plug up when you spray - It's about $8 a can