Thread: River Salmon fishing in the Valdez area

Default River Salmon fishing in the Valdez area

I will be in Valdez in late June, I would like to fish salmon from shore. What would be my best bet, and what lures should I bring. Thanks Allot for your Help, I have never fished for slamon.

Jim

You can fish Allison Point from shore as well as the harbor in town. I like to use Vibrax and Mepps in the #4 size range. I have caught many fish in both areas using those specific lures. Good luck.

sadly the salmon dont start to run in valdez until july. if you take a charter you might be able to troll for some feeder kings or very early pinks. there is one option though... ADF&G has been attempting to establish a king fishery in valdez. the attempt has been pretty half ass but there is a chance of catching one in june. call them and ask for directions to the king salmon lagoon. if some have returned a #6 chartreuse vibrax tossed into the salt should do the trick. good luck

yup july 4wkend is when pinks start to show up try pixie and dont bass set the hook. Youl just ripp throu their lipps. Just reel n they hook them selves