Thread: Is my State Annual Boat Launch Pass accepted anywhere?!

Default Is my State Annual Boat Launch Pass accepted anywhere?!

I bought the Alaska state park annual boat launch pass this year along with my usual parking pass. Unfortunately I've yet to come across a boat launch (other than for still water) that honors it... Is there any water north of Wasilla (parks hwy, richardson hwy, etc.) that lets me launch my boat without paying the fee since I have the annual launch pass? Everywhere I've been to so far wants to charge me..

Thanks for any replies... Apparently it's kind of a silly questions
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

I would call state parks and find out. I didn't realize until last night that not all the state campgrounds didn't honor the annual parking passes either. From what we were told, it depends on what kind of arrangement the consessionaire has with the SOA. They don't tell you that when you buy one...
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

I honestly just buy it because Finger lake is under 10 minutes away and Crevasse Moraine is only 5 minutes in the other direction. My only gripe is that they don't offer a park/launch vehicle pass for the vehicle so that you can use it with/without the trailer. I really want to be able to order a 2 vehicle 1 boat bundled package which isn't offered. I would guess that probably 80% of us boaters have a tow vehicle and a more efficient SUV/car type vehicle. It seems logical that they would make a package to fill this need but it seems to have been over looked!

My biggest gripe, other than that it's apparently good nowhere, is that when you roll up somewhere, it's not clear whether your pass is accepted or not. So the Susitna landing for example, has State of Alaska plastered all over it, so you'd assume you'd be good to go and roll on through - park and launch, then come back to a big fat fine.

I agree, Finger Lake will probably pay for the pass by the end of the season.
    Crevasse Moraine? Is there water over there?
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." -A River Runs Through It

not a lick of water in Crevasse moraine which is why I mentioned it. My boat launch pass goes on the trailer which means in order to go to Crevasse moraine I need a parking pass on the truck as well. SO I end up having to have a parking pass on my truck, a launch pass on my boat and can't take may car to either place without buying another full price pass. Total PITA. Looking over the state page it doesn't mention Susitna landing but it does mention several launches up by Fairbanks so it may be a better deal for the interior folks. It would be very nice if they posted up simple signs at the entrance to these places that said. "AK State Park Annual Parking Pass Accepted Here!"

If you buy a parking pass they do offer you a second pass for 1/2 price. I have bought them that way before.
    They have also told me to save my reciept from the fist one and I could use it anytime to buy a second pass at 1/2 price.
    I know the annual boat launce pass is no good at the pilliars on the Kenai. Some stupid state law about not competing with local businesses. They have to charge as much as the private ramps charge and the annual pass goes against that.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

http://www.dnr.alaska.gov/parks/asp/feesfs.pdf

It only works at State Parks Launches with the exception of a few like Bings Landing, Anchor River and the Pillars. (it would put the state in cometition with local vendors which it cannot do),, As long as your tow vehicle is attached to the trailer then the boat launch pass covers parking for the tow vehicle. If you unhook them then you need to pay for the tow vehicle parking.
    Little Susitna is NOT covered cause it is not a State Parks facility, it is a Fish & Game faciclity and they have thier own decal.

BOAT LAUNCHING Charge
    Anchor River (Decal not accepted) $60 C* Punch Card-$550
    Big Lake North / South SRS $10 C*
    Birch Lake SRS $10
    Chena River SRS $5 C*
    Chilkat $5
    Clearwater SRS $5
    Deep Creek SRA $5
    Deep Creek (Decal not accepted) $60+ tax C*
    Finger Lake SRS $10 C*
    Harding Lake SRA $10
    Kasilof River SRS $5