Thread: Baffin Boots

Default Baffin Boots

Anybody have any experience with Baffin Boots? Do their temperature ratings really hold true? How do they feel on your foot when walking (comfy or like a board)? And will they fit in snowshoe bindings? Thanks!

Default Pros and Cons!!

They fit great and are very comfortable. They seemed to be plenty warm for me even at -30 up at work on the slope. They are much easier to walk in than bunny boots.

With all that being said, I have to imagine that if you were to get them wet that they would just become a block of ice and their temperature rating would go out the window. As to compared with bunny boot are waterproof until you go over the tops and even then you can dump them out, swab them out with a paper towl and put on fresh pair of socks and you are good to go. Which might be nice if you are snowshoeing never know when you might fall into a creek. Just my observation after using both style of boots.

A friend and I met a bowhunter on Ft Richardson last year - shooting a recurve bow, his second year on that hunt.
    I noticed his boots were Baffins; seemed well-suited to that type of hunt/activity -long days in the woods, slow walking, or long standing.

baffin are not waterproof..which bites.but i did walk in overflow this past month with them, soaked my feet but they stayed warm, similar to how a bunny boot worked..i was suprised...but wet.
    must nice for walkin' that the BB, not sure on bindings..i'm sure they'd fit..they're not any bulkier than bunny boots i'd guess.
    actually comfy boots, like wearing them.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I have the -40s.... they sucked until I added a polyprop liner to the very bottom, then their "I wear out fast" liner, then a felt liner, then socks, then really thin poly prop socks. Now they only leak water when I ice fish all day.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Is there a boot similar to the Baffin that is waterproof?

I have the baffin Barrows. Those are waterproof. I waded right up to the top of them. they didnt let anything in. Then on the return trip across the creek I went in to far and water came over the tops. My feet were wet but warm the rest of the day. about 30 degree temp when this happened. Ive been real happy with these boots. The only other boots I would consider would be bunnys

I have the Baffin Barrows. Ive been down to -65 with them and my feet stayed nice and toasty. Kind of a PITA if your trying to drive a manual though.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

It's the only boot I would ever use. Tried many, but Baffin's are the best. Lightweight, and can do all tasks in them without issue.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I was issued Baffin Boots for work. I hate them. Way too tight on the calfs and I get chaffed. I bought a pair of Kamiks and those are very comfortable and I've worn them in -40F standing on Ice for several hours and never got cold.