Thread: Best way to get permits?

Default Best way to get permits?

A few questions on your permits. Your reg's are very hard to follow.

1. Best way to get Moose permit. Online or over the counter. non draw areas

2. Does a non-resident have to have a hunting lisence also with a moose permit?

Thanks

Default permits and tags

barko,
    I just looked at the info on the F&G website to make sure I'm answering your question correctly. I hope I am.

First of all, don't confuse "permits" and "tags".

A general harvest hunt for moose requires a hunting license, a big game tag (for non-residents) and a harvest ticket which accompanies the tag.
    For moose residents don't need to buy tags but still need a license and harvest ticket. Harvest tickets are free.

You can buy a hunting license and tag online or from any license vendor up here. Here's a link to the information:

http://www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/license/

Default Call for a complete explanation

barko, I hated getting this response when I was asking this question last fall. Call F&G! They did a very fine job of explaining everything too me. I was never able to get ahold of anybody in the Fairbanks office, but the folks in the Anchorage office helped me out. I will try to find the number I called. I would suggest posting your findings and checking over the writing in the regs just to be sure you've got the correct understanding.

Guys its a big state, it would help if you knew where you wanted to hunt as that will dictate whats required for that unit. We have registration hunts , draw (permit) hunts and general harvest hunts. you will need a license for all of them but the tag you seek will dictate the unit, the season and your plans. I actually think that our states regs are some of the easiest to read online or in hand. Pick your unit and go from there.

BucknRut gave you some good advice.......Call ADF&G or go to their excellent web site and get the information you need.

Quote Originally Posted by barko View Post
    A few questions on your permits. Your reg's are very hard to follow.

1. Best way to get Moose permit. Online or over the counter. non draw areas

You can get them on line and it is very easy for the non-draw hunts.

2. Does a non-resident have to have a hunting lisence also with a moose permit?

A non resident is also required to have a big game license ($85) in addition to any big game tags you purshase.

Thanks
    You're Welcome. Alaskan gave correct advise. Anchorage F&G's number is (907) 267-2137