Thread: M&P 15 detent pin and spring

Default M&P 15 detent pin and spring

Hi, I just bought an M&P 15, and unfortunately I didn't notice that the rear take-down pin slides right out. The rear detent pin and spring needs to be replaced. Any idea of how much this may cost and recommendations for who could do this? Seems like a pretty simple job. I could probably do it, if I knew where to get the parts. I Googled the parts and didn't have any luck. Thanks for your help!

This should get you there. Remove the buttstock if it is the standard fixed stock, if a 6pos car style then just unscrew the buffer tube nut. This will release a little plate that fits tight to the back of the lower receiver. As the plate slides back you will see the hole where the takedown pin and spring go. Loosen the bolt slowly and check to make sure one or both the spring and detent pin aren't in there but installed wrong. If you just have an empty hole you need to order a detent pin and spring. Detent pin drops into the hole followed by the spring and then slide the retaining plate back in place and retighten the buffer tube nut.

Here is where to order the parts. Midway would also have them.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0...akedown_detent

stop by we may have those parts in stock

Thanks Lujon, appreciated!

Wildalaska, can you PM me with a ballpark price for this job? I live in Eagle River, hence my request to check this way instead of driving down.

Quote Originally Posted by hre814 View Post
    Thanks Lujon, appreciated!

Wildalaska, can you PM me with a ballpark price for this job? I live in Eagle River, hence my request to check this way instead of driving down.
    pARTS ARE LIKE $10? we usually do little stuff like that gratis on labor, as all of our thousands of custromers know. Hell, when you see our pricing on stuff, you will be back