Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miles Lake Counter

Default Miles Lake Counter

Looks like the counter is in for 2012. Let's hope for a good season. Here is the link to the page.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...mon_escapement

Thanks for the link. First numbers might be in tomorrow for today.

Any guesses?

I'll say 832. My gut is saying big year for sockeyes again....

I sure hope so... I'm heading to the Copper this year for my fish as there are way too many people on the Kenia for me now. It is a fricken madhouse down there when the fish are running... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Those look like pretty strong estimates for early June. They have been pretty low the last couple of years so I think they are just throwing out higher numbers this year with hopes of being closer to the actual sonar counts. It's been a while since I've seen their estimates be in the right range.

Back in the State (MatSu Valley) and I ain't ever leaving!

Looks like the first opener is June 7th-10th and then the 11th-17th. Miles Lake sonar projections look good for the first part of June, hummm I may be singing that song 'bout going down to the river...

Am I the only one who keeps getting an Oracle sign-in page when trying to access the counter data?

Nope. Happens to me, too. Just did again today. Not particularly fond of the app they installed last summer. It's slow, doesn't work on mobile devices, and doesn't show the full summer on one page.

Am I the only one seeing only the projections and last years? I don't see anything new on there for numbers this year.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Am I the only one seeing only the projections and last years? I don't see anything new on there for numbers this year.
    that's what I'm getting too! is anyone getting this years numbers yet?
    Justin

Still nothing reported when I do get there. Guess we just have to wait. No blue sheets to look at yet, either. (The actual commercial harvest numbers, which you can kind of get an idea of run strength from)

Blue Sheets won't be published until the 25th.

Also, typically the Miles Lake numbers aren't published until the third week in May.

If you get the federal permit can you fish whenever you want or do you have to follow the ADFG openings?
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

by my count it is now the 4th week of May. Hoping they will get their act together by the end of the day today.

Interestingly, it says that those are TODAY's numbers, so I'm guessing someone put them in the wrong line on the table.

Holy smokes! Thats some nice starting numbers! I know where I'm going to be on June 4th!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default Gotta be Non-Urban

Federal Subsistence Regs can be found here.

First question is, are you:

• Residents of Cantwell, Chisana, Chistochina, Chitina, Copper Center, Dot Lake, Gakona, Gakona Junction, Glennallen, Gulkana, Healy Lake, Kenny Lake, Lower Tonsina, McCarthy, Mentasta Lake, Nabesna, Northway, Slana, Tanacross, Tazlina, Tetlin, Tok, Tonsina, and those individuals living along the Tok Cutoff from Tok to Mentasta Pass, and along the Nabesna Road. ?

If you are, check out the link above for the regs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    If you get the federal permit can you fish whenever you want or do you have to follow the ADFG openings?
    I'm assuming you mean the Glennallen sub-district subsistence permit. The one upstream from the bridge. If I understand it correctly, and I think I do after looking through the regs, it is open continuously from June 1st-Sept. 30th. That can be changed by EO, so you should check those before leaving. It has different limits as well, and if you want more fish you can apply for special permits. Depending on what you need, I'd talk to F&G.

Default Check your trip date...

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    ...I know where I'm going to be on June 4th!
    Check the schedule here. Board of Fish changed the opening date from June 1 to June 7.
    A proposal was adopted that changed the opening date of the Chitina Subdistrict Personal Use Dip Net Fishery. The fishery can open on June 7 and must open on or before June 15, previously the fishery could open on June 1 and had to open on or before June 11. This action was taken in conjunction with the Board allowing only one fishing period within the inside closure area in the Copper River District commercial fishery during the first two weeks of the season. The Board also ruled there was no new information and no errors in previous rulings in the C&T determination for the Chitina Subdistrict. As a result, the Chitina Subdistrict remains a personal use fishery.
    News Release 12/12/2011

Default Different Permits, Different Regs, State vs. Federal

ADF&G permit above the bridge is different from the Federal subsistence permit. State permit above the bridge is available to us all, while the Federal permit requires you to be a resident of a designated rural area.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    Federal Subsistence Regs can be found here.

First question is, are you:

• Residents of Cantwell, Chisana, Chistochina, Chitina, Copper Center, Dot Lake, Gakona, Gakona Junction, Glennallen, Gulkana, Healy Lake, Kenny Lake, Lower Tonsina, McCarthy, Mentasta Lake, Nabesna, Northway, Slana, Tanacross, Tazlina, Tetlin, Tok, Tonsina, and those individuals living along the Tok Cutoff from Tok to Mentasta Pass, and along the Nabesna Road. ?

If you are, check out the link above for the regs.
    Interesting. Makes me wonder how our friends, who have lived in Anchorage forever, have a share on a fish-wheel....

Oh, you may have just answered that question while I was typing it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast