Thread: Black Flat durable Paint for wood forend.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default Black Flat durable Paint for wood forend.

Is there a Black, Flat, Durable Paint, I can use for a wood forend stock to make it match a Black synthetic Butt Stock.

I bought both a Butt Stock and a Forend, but the forend doesn't fit because my gun/forend is special, and different. The difference is, that the mounting screw for the forend is in a different place. the thingy in which the forend mounting screw is threaded is in the wrong place, and welded onto the barrel.

I'm gonna find out if it can be removed and rewelded to different place, but I'm also, considering painting the forend, as another option.

The gun is an H&R SS rifle.

Thanks
    Smitt of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Short of going to a top shelf coating like Cerakote or Duracote,both are very good incidentally,I used Krylon Camo Ultra-flat Black on a Boyd's 10/22 stock I didn't like the color of.That 10/22 goes everywhere with me and the paint has held up great.The price is right too !!!

paint em both with bed liner...or bring them in stripped and we will paint them, gratis

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRAT View Post
    Short of going to a top shelf coating like Cerakote or Duracote,both are very good incidentally,I used Krylon Camo Ultra-flat Black on a Boyd's 10/22 stock I didn't like the color of.That 10/22 goes everywhere with me and the paint has held up great.The price is right too !!!
    I'll probably give that a try.

Thank You, very much.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Iíll second the bed liner, a can of Duplacolor spray can be had at Smuks/OíRileyís for bout $10 and they just ainít nuttin tougher.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Iíll second the bed liner, a can of Duplacolor spray can be had at Smuks/OíRileyís for bout $10 and they just ainít nuttin tougher.
    Doesn't it come out with a wee bit of a sheen,and a lot thicker than the Krylon I used ? The "stippling" effect could make for a better grip though I like the dead Flat Black of the Krylon.

Yup the spray has a very light dimpled texture to it, not all brands do though unless you add it so KenĎs free job may not have a texture. Duplacolor spray looks like little round bumps but it dries very flat, almost dusty looking after a month or so. Itís thicker than paint, not that thick though maybe .020Ē and just tough as nails, looks just like flat black powder coat and about as tough.

I use it for all kinds of things because itís so tough, sticks to anything, and is super easy to apply. I used to buy flat black paint by the case for my metal projects but I donít anymore after trying the bed liner spray, just way more better for the stuff I want flat black.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

we use the textured stuff. shoot it out of a gun, not cans