Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty

Default Duck Dynasty

I watched several segments on Sunday night, it was very funny. You all should watch it, stars the Duck Commander, Phil Robinson, and his friends and family and their wives. Really fun to watch. One episode showed them frogging at night with their hands, no gigs or anything, falling in amoung the gators while trying to catch the frogs. Be sure and take a look. A&E, channel 118 on Dish TV. Had a little duck hunting in it, but more about just having fun. Bud
    Wasilla

Love the show! Wife works late Wednesdays and me and the boys usually make pizza and watch together. Their wisdom and delivery is great. Phil and the brother are my favorite!

Helluva way to make a living and have fun doing it !!!

I really like the family values they keep pushing.

Chris

Those folks and the folks from swamp people have the old time values that made America great
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Me and my son love the show
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

It has become my new favorite show!

Uncle Si is one of a kind!

My wife and I are hooked on the show bigtime.....Great family show
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Love this show. Love the episode when they snuck onto the golf course to catch frogs. The cops came and Dad takes bag full of frogs and bolts...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Great show! This is actually in my hometown. Moved up here from there 2 years ago and go figure, NOW I decide to try to learn how to duck hunt! LOL

The Roberstons are very devout Christians and that always comes across in their family values. Love everything about it!

Ditto. Good show...some parts are obviously staged, but all-in-all good. And the family values is something you don't see much of on TV. And it's hunters leading the way.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Thanks for bringing this show to my attention!!

I just about lost it during the "Mallard Merlot" uncorking! LMAO doesn't even describe it!

All the bee hive shenanigans were pretty amusing too.

I also echo the sentiment about family and God. Seeing a father pray at dinner for his family is sorely missing from too many peoples daily lives now.

Erich
    Good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions...
    http://alaskawaterfowlproducts.blogspot.com/

I liked the episode where Willy takes his daughter's boyfriend hunting.

Also the one where they are trying to kill all of the beavers was good too. Especially when Si tried calling them in with a recording of running water...which turned out to be a recording of him taking a bath.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I think they said that tomorrow night is the last episode of the season, hope they keep showing the reruns, i discovered it late, and there are some i have not seen yet, hope to see them all. also, that is one show i could watch several times without getting bored, things i missed the first time pop up all the time on the reruns, opps, maybe i'm just slow to catch on to them. Bud
    Wasilla

Default Season Finale

Tomorrow is the season finale and includes back-to-back episodes. I'll be tuned in.
    Go Big Red!

Hopefully they have it on demand for Direct TV
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

It's an old thread, but I watched a rerun the other night...the one with the beehive. I noticed something that was way off. When they were trying to get the beehive, there were no leaves on the trees and everything was brown. When the old man and the grandson came back to the the parking lot with a jar of honey (when the gang was trying to get the dekes off the roof), the trees were green and full of leaves, etc. Yet, they made it sound like getting the hive and arriving at the shop with the honey were on the same day. There had to be weeks between the two events.

Not knocking the show...it's one of my favorites and sure hope they're back next season, but wondering just how much is "reality".
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUX View Post
    It's an old thread, but I watched a rerun the other night...the one with the beehive. I noticed something that was way off. When they were trying to get the beehive, there were no leaves on the trees and everything was brown. When the old man and the grandson came back to the the parking lot with a jar of honey (when the gang was trying to get the dekes off the roof), the trees were green and full of leaves, etc. Yet, they made it sound like getting the hive and arriving at the shop with the honey were on the same day. There had to be weeks between the two events.

Not knocking the show...it's one of my favorites and sure hope they're back next season, but wondering just how much is "reality".
    No doubt they wanted to get the honey and do plenty of other nutso stuff just because they can but the show is definitely put together by a production team in an editing bay as are pretty much all of the "reality" shows on tv. No one wants to just see them film a random 30 minutes of someone's life so they take a mess of footage and put it together to tell a story.

I love the show, just wish they'd show more duck hunting....................Maybe I'm missing the episodes where they do hunt ducks??

It's not really a duck hunting show. It's a show more about the family. They do show small bits of duck hunting, but it's not really the focus.

I am wondering if trees in flooded marshes lose thier leaves faster than trees in town?
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast