Thread: Transport from Anchorage & Soldotna

Default Transport from Anchorage & Soldotna

I am visiting AK this summer in July for some red fishing and am trying to figure out transport to Soldotna/Kenai from Anchorage in July. I have a relative in Kenai that has a truck that I will be using for the time I'm in AK, but I'm finding my options for getting from Anchorage a bit slim. There is a shuttle service in Anchorage that can get us to Soldotna for $80 each and I'm perfectly happy to pay it, but I was quoted twice that per person for the return trip. If that's my only option then I guess that's what I'll do, but I was hoping somebody here might have some other suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give!

You can fly on the scheduled flight from Anchorage to Kenai airport for the same or less.

Check out Era Aviation
    http://www.flyera.com/

Forget ERA and fly Grant aviation. I fly Grant twice a month used to fly ERA but I will never fly ERA again because of lousy customer service and poor company policies on stuff.
    My cost is $148 round trip but then again I get a good discount. The regular rate is $184 round trip. Book early if you want a guranteed seat. They fill up fast in the summertime.
    http://www.flygrant.com/
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Exactly the sort of info I was hoping for. These are much better options. Thanks for the help guys!

give me your days it just may give me an excuse to flip for some reds. I head down regularly for fish in the summer.

Same here I will be guiding the last two weeks of July and I will be headed to Anchorage to visit my wife many times. I always enjoy some company on the drive.

Like the last few replies, post the day you want to go and with the cost of gas these days I'll bet that you will find a ride and maybe split the gas... Be carful who you split the gas with though. I've got a F-250 with a V-10 and it is cheaper to just rent a car and drive it! Ha, Ha...

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Forget ERA
    Where is the like button on this?

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Where is the like button on this?
    It is the little * star button on the bottom of my post just to the left of the triangle.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Thanks guys. My brother and I arrive in Anchorage at midnight on July 14 and would be looking to get to Kenai sometime later that day. Midday or early afternoon would be great, but we're flexible. We'd be looking to get back into Anchorage sometime in the afternoon on July 26th. As suggested, we'd be happy to pay for fuel. If everything goes according to plan, we're hoping to bring back a box or two of fish with us. Just wanted to mention it so we don't end up with 10 pounds in a 5 pound box issue at the last moment. I drive a 3/4 ton Ford myself so I know all about fuel consumption.

I'm guessing no takers? If not, I'll go for the plane ride. Hope to see you all on the river this summer!

I can help out with the 14th send me a pm and we can figure some stuff out. I am working on your return day sorry.