Thread: July 3rd or 4th. Barrons, multi fishing. Homer

Default July 3rd or 4th. Barrons, multi fishing. Homer

Hi guys, I have a group of 3 heading up to Homer. We will be there Mon-Wed. Would like to do a Multi fish trip. But the goal is to get into some larger Halibut. So does anyone offer a Multi species trip out to Barrons? Some additional Ling and Rock fish, or Salmon would be very cool. I don't want anyone to beat up anyone else here, just wondering is someone can accomadate our wants. Yes out of Homer.

Please email me if you can help us out. No bashing, or sugesting other locations to ship out of. Homer is it. 3 guys wanting a 6 pass boat, of course we don't want to rent alone.

tabber35@hotmail.com

We want to get this set up this week.

You can try Silver Fox 235-8792, no one can tell you that they will fish the Barrons on any given day! If they do don't walk, run away as fast as you can!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    You can try Silver Fox 235-8792, no one can tell you that they will fish the Barrons on any given day! If they do don't walk, run away as fast as you can!!!!!

I understand the weather, and the long ride. But I'm looking for a captian who's agenda is to get out there. If we can't then that is what it is. But that's the goal.

I have heard the ocean hunter charters runs way out on a regular basis, not sure if he goes to the barrens, but he goes where big fish live
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I don't want to sound discouraging, but for prime dates like that, it might be difficult to find a really popular captain. The popular captain's generally book up fast. I would be calling frantically tomorrow, and be ready to shell out some $$$ if you want to charter the whole boat with only three guys and run far distances to The Barrens. I know you say you don't want to charter whole boat, but at this point, for specific dates, what are the odds someone has three seats for a multi-species trip? Like I said, not that it can't be done, but I would move fast now.
    Also, +1 on any promises of going to the Barrens. Look at the marine weather forecast for the Barren Islands this week and you'll understand. It is no picnic nor any guarantee that you'll catch big ones when you get there-it is still fishing after all!
    Don't take this as bashing your thread, just trying to give you an idea of what you might find.

I doubt you're going to find anyone that will go to the Barrens and then fish kings, too. The run to the Barrens and back takes half the day. But if you really want to go to the Barrens I'd try Big Bear charters and/or Bob's Trophy Charters. They both have big boats that run out there and to other spots like the Chugach Islands. And they're both on the Halibut Derby board quite a bit, so they know where big fish are.

And heed what "cwm907" said.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Done, thanks everyone. Booked on Big Bear. I will post a review of the experience... Fish on.

Good. I hope I didn't discourage you with what I said, I just wanted to make sure you got on a trip. Like Muttley said, Big Bear is always up on the boards, you should have a great time. Looking forward to the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by tabber View Post
    Done, thanks everyone. Booked on Big Bear. I will post a review of the experience... Fish on.
    I'm just curious if they agreed to the "combo" trip fishing salmon. I know they say on their website they'll do "combo" trips and I'm just curious if they go all the way to the Barrens and then will do salmon afterwards.

No, Salmon wasn't part of the arrangement. Halibut, ling, and rock fish. full day 6 pack boat, 340.00. I'm happy. Thanks for the recomendations. We are doing a 1.5 day salmon trip with Susitana charters, so I'm hoping all will be good. Wish I could find a summer job up here, what fun that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by tabber View Post
    No, Salmon wasn't part of the arrangement. Halibut, ling, and rock fish. full day 6 pack boat, 340.00. I'm happy. Thanks for the recomendations. We are doing a 1.5 day salmon trip with Susitana charters, so I'm hoping all will be good. Wish I could find a summer job up here, what fun that would be.
    I kind of figured that. As I said, it's a pretty long haul out there and sometimes you'll spend most of the day trying for that trophy which pretty well negates fishing for salmon. Good luck with with that and hope you catch a BIG one.

Yeah, making a living fishing is pretty wonderful. They say that if you do what you love to do as your profession you'll never work a day in your life. I can definitely attest to that. It doesn't suck!!!

So how was you're trip