Thread: Spring Bear hunt

Default Spring Bear hunt

I am coming to Alaska for the first and probably last time of my life and I would love to kill a bear. I will be in Palmer and have access to a boat and a hummer for transportation. I know I can hunt black bear without a guide and would like to know of some areas to hunt close to Palmer. My dream hunt would be to kill a Brown or Grizzly bear but I also know I would have to hire a guide and that can be very expensive. I will be there from June 6 to June 11. Can anyone please give me some ideas on where to hunt for black or possibly day hunt with a guide for brown/grizzly.

Blessings,

Lance Brownlee
    Fellowship of Christian Athletes
    Area Director

Drive north or east or south and stop to glass the mountainsides. The bears should be out pretty good by then and you will see them in the openings between alder thickets, just make sure they aren't too far up the mountain as they tend to move around and you'll likely never see them again if it takes you hours to reach where they were.

shoot me an e-mail at franklin.d.worsham@gmail.com and I'll give you a few spots that might help you
    God is my strong fortress...
    He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
    He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
    2 Samuel 22:33

i know a place you will see bears for sure. how high and long are you willing to climb?

Im not in the best shape but I did pretty good in Montana in the 6-8500 foot range, after that the snow was too deep. If you know a place please share and I will give it my best.

I have some ideas on where to go now by myself. Are there any black bear hunters out there that would consider letting me hunt with them? I will be arriving in Palmer June 6 and leaving June 11th.

Lance Brownlee
    Southwest Regional Director
    Fellowship of Christian Athletes Outdoors

Check out Seward and the coast if you want a black bear, Seward water taxi (www.sewardwatertaxi.com, 907-362-4101) can drop you for a day hunt or multi day trip. transporter license is #986.