Thread: Kicker Motor on Extreme Shallow

Default Kicker Motor on Extreme Shallow

I have seen a couple of extreme shallows with an aluminum mount for a kicker welded to the swim deck. Is that something a guy can buy or is it custom? I donít really have time to fab one up would rather buy one and just weld it on.
    Anyone have a kicker on their extreme? Anyway to be able to steer the kicker from the helm?

Any advice is appreciated

Nate

Nate I had mine put on when I got the boat for running it from the helm dont see it couldnt be done they to it on ocean boats all the time
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

I have one in my swim deck and th boat shop put it on for me. I think they fabbed it but I did see one very similar the other day. I have to use a handle bar extender. They sell em at sportsmans.

Cheque the EX Welding web site. I think they build a pretty nice one. They have a sponsor link on the modifications page.

IMG_0193.jpgIMG_0194.jpgHere is how I built mine. Keeps it from bouncing around when trailering.

Kool, that is a sweet setup. I had one made for my phantom and noticed that the bushins on the motor
    (where it pivots) are wearing alot faster than I think they should. I keep it full of grease and I bungy it down tight when transporting it but it is still has more play than I believe it should. I'm thinkin maybe I could change it to be more like the one in those pictures. Swung off to the side with a lower unit support when not in use... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"