Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And So It Begins.

Default And So It Begins.

Nice fish!

Nice pics man, thanks for sharing.

Nice fish and nice start to the season!

I knew from the title of the thread that I was either going to want to congratulate you or punch you in the face. Turns out it's both...but only out of sheer jealously.

Gettin Bent! I like it.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Nicely done.

Rich
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

I hate to ask but where this be?

I quit lurking and created this account just to ask the same thing, looking for the right place to break in the new rod!

Great pics ICB12!!!You have me dreaming as I'm sitting in my office...
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Are those the Reddington Sonic-Pro waders you guys are wearing? If so, how do you like them and how do they compare to Simms goretex waders like the G3 or G4? I know how they compare in Price. My simms are a couple years old and thinking of investing in a solid backup such as the sonic pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
    I hate to ask but where this be?
    You know I'm not going to answer that right...?

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    Are those the Reddington Sonic-Pro waders you guys are wearing? If so, how do you like them and how do they compare to Simms goretex waders like the G3 or G4? I know how they compare in Price. My simms are a couple years old and thinking of investing in a solid backup such as the sonic pros.
    Mine are, Injun Joe has Patagonia Waders. I've only worn them two days so it's a little early to judge for sure but I can tell you my first impressions.
    DO NOT make the mistake of comparing these to gore-tex waders, you will only be disappointed. Compare them to the Freestones, because thats what they are. I wanted zippers, really really badly wanted a pair of G4Zs. However, at this point in my life spending that much money on waders is not only tough but down right financially irresponsible. So my choices were Redington's Sonic Pro Zip, and The SIMMS Freestone Zip. I think the Redington comes with just a little better fit and finish than the freestone so that made it my decision. By that, I mean the pocket layout and design, the belt loops, and the suspenders are all a step above the Freestone Zip.
    The Nylon is DWR treated, it's NOT gore-tex. Like I said DO NOT compare these to gore-tex waders. So far so good, I haven't gotten wet. The feet in SIMMS waders feel better than the Redingtons, but I can put 10 or 11 hours in with these and not notice, so it's not a big deal. The fabric feels pretty burly. It's got a nice "tough" feel to it that inspires confidence. Yet again, only two days, so time will tell.
    I LOVE the zipper. Zipper is awesome. Period. The Simms zipper is a little more high quality, smoother, etc. This one seems to work just fine.

I'm hoping to get 2 seasons out of these. I am expecting to get one (almost). So we shall see how it goes.

ICB12 - Thanks for the input on the waders. I have the Simms freestone w zipper. I'm also at the point in my life where G4Z's are out of the question, but maybe next years dividend will allow such a lavish investment and the freestoners will become my backup. Anyway, thanks again for the input.

I was going to say something about the inquiries as to where you were fishing, but I knew you would answer appropriately. I'm happy to see that you did not spill the beans as to your location.

sometimes it never hurts to ask because some people are willing to share what areas they fish! im camping willow this weekend will let you guys know if i catch anything.

G4Z's are worth every penny, its nice being able to piss in the pouring rain without having to take off all your jackets and layering!

they may be nice but i agree with icb12 on this one, unless you have copious amounts of cash rhere is no point to spending 600 on a pair of waders.

700, its well worth it, warranty etc. You'll never need a new pair, take the last pair you bought and the new ones, whats that total? Just sayin.

Nice pics btw, I need to make it out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    700, its well worth it, warranty etc. You'll never need a new pair, take the last pair you bought and the new ones, whats that total? Just sayin.

I have absolutely no doubt they are worth it. I wasn't suggesting that. The problem with spending 700$ is... you have to actually HAVE 700$. Which I do not.

im rocking the simms headwaters. keep you dry and are tough enough not to get full of holes pushing through the devils club. Its really all that matters to me in regards to waders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast