Thread: Anchor Creek question

Default Anchor Creek question

I have been to Anchor creek now 3 times over the last 6 years during the month of July. I have had the hardest time understanding the regulations there. I was hoping someone would be kind enough to explain this to me: Is it legal to fly-fish near the bridge/park station area for Kings. I saw a lot of them there and they looked spawned out to me, but may still be fun to catch. However, I am a novice and don't want to break any regs while on vacation.

Anchor River is closed to King Fishing on June 21st. You can only fish for Kings on May 19th to 21st, 23rd, 26th to 28th, & 30th. June is open to King fishing on 2nd to 4th, 6th, 9th to 11th, 13th, 16th to 18th, & 20th. Open for fishing other than King salmon July 1st to Oct 31st.

Never heard it called Anchor "creek" before......

Check F&G web site for emergency orders. No fishing on Wednesdays.
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...1607&year=2012

no kings in july, any king taken out of water counts towards daily limit, no wednesday fishing, the hole by the bridge is also closed this year the line was moved down, last year it went to single hook no bait on 3rd weekend, other than that Ill be there next weekend giving it a go, good luck good fishing but most of all be safe be kind to others and mother nature, carry your trash out

Sorry but this needs to be said! Leave the spawning Kings alone!!!!! If you hook one and play it you may cause it to just dump its eggs for no good. Just look at what has happend to our other rivers where people fish on the spawning beds!

Well said my neighbor