Thread: LOST gear on the Kasilof

Default LOST gear on the Kasilof

I was down camping at the mouth of the Kasilof after my Kayak trip this weekend and we broke down camp and now that I am home my tent is not with me.

I believe it may have fell (or been taken out) of the back of the pick up along the way. Its in a large blue water proof stuff sack that also contains a sleeping bag. If any of you guys that frequent the Kasilof/Kenai area and see it please pick it up and let me know. Reward if found.

Thanks.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

That's to bad. Was it in a pickup with an open bed? People just see stuff and grab it any more
    So how was the float?

Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    That's to bad. Was it in a pickup with an open bed? People just see stuff and grab it any more
    So how was the float?
    Yeah it was in a pickup with an open bed. The kayaks were tied down and the stuff sack was stuffed in next to em. Im hoping it just fell out over a large bump and wasnt taken on purpose. I really hope it is returned I just purchased that gear not even a month ago. I put the word out and craigs list and AOJ as well as here so hopefully I get it back.

The float was a blast. We did mis-time the tide on the way out though and ended up paddling against the incoming tide and a 10-20 mph head wind. Made for a long trip. Had enough fun to do it again though. You really can not beat the scenery on the KP.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Yeah it was in a pickup with an open bed. The kayaks were tied down and the stuff sack was stuffed in next to em. Im hoping it just fell out over a large bump and wasnt taken on purpose. I really hope it is returned I just purchased that gear not even a month ago. I put the word out and craigs list and AOJ as well as here so hopefully I get it back.

The float was a blast. We did mis-time the tide on the way out though and ended up paddling against the incoming tide and a 10-20 mph head wind. Made for a long trip. Had enough fun to do it again though. You really can not beat the scenery on the KP.
    c6.....I live near there, if you have any idea of where it may have fallen out (if you actually think it may have) PM me and I'll drive down there and have a look. Let me know....

I shot you a PM. If its not a major inconvenience I would appreciate it very much if ya took a peek on the beach for me. I would be indebted to ya.

Sorry to hear about your gear bag, c6.... Hope u get it back. Did u get any fish?? Were u on the river for 2 days? Where did u overnite?
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    Sorry to hear about your gear bag, c6.... Hope u get it back. Did u get any fish?? Were u on the river for 2 days? Where did u overnite?

I hope I get it back too. Probably not gonna happen though.

We just did one day on the river. Bridge to the mouth. We didnt get any fish on the river but it was a good learning experience and the kayaking was a blast. We over nighted on the beach about 200 yards from the mouth just in front of the dunes. The morning weather was fairly clear and the scenery on the inlet was awesome.