Thread: Has your Drawing Permit come yet???

Default Has your Drawing Permit come yet???

I looked all over the F&G site to find out when they get mailed out and only found a vauge answer in the FAQ's section.

I thought they were to be mailed in April, but nothing yet for me....I'm still doubting that I actually drew a tag until it's in my hands.

I had a little false alarm in April. A little yellow card arrived for both me and my son. I waited until he was home from school and handed him his card to open as this was the first time either of us were drawn.

I felt like Clark Griswold recieving the Jelly of the month membership as we opened our cards only to find it was a request to resubmit our harvest reports from deer hunting. I had already submitted the reports after our hunt!

Has anyone got theirs in the mail yet?

Thanks

It depends on the permit, but I was told June. You can always call 'em up and ask, too.

They generally come sometime around the first week of July. The explanation I've heard is that sending them out close to the start date of hunts decreases the number of replacement permits that they have to print, but whatever the cause, I've always received my Tier I, Tier II, and drawing permits sometime in July.

By the way, the Clark Griswold line? Classic!

Like Brian said, it is later in the summer. It mostly depends on when your hunt starts. You should get the permit 3-4 weeks or so before the opening day, which usually means July since most hunts start in the middle-end of August or the 1st of September.

Thanks guys! This is the first time I have drawn a permit after a lifetime of trying so I was'nt sure. F&G told me April so I was questioning wether I was really a winner or not.

What did you draw? I drew a goat tag myself...!!!