Thread: Three legged grizzly in DNP

Default Three legged grizzly in DNP

Great article and as usual some amazingly ignorant comments after it.

http://www.adn.com/2012/05/10/245962...at-denali.html

Do you really think those ignorant comments are amazing? They're exactly what I expected as far as ignorant comments.
    The only reason ADN runs stories like this is to stir the pot and generate interest, which in turn supports their dying business. ADN and their commentary are a pathetic mess.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Do you really think those ignorant comments are amazing? They're exactly what I expected as far as ignorant comments.
    The only reason ADN runs stories like this is to stir the pot and generate interest, which in turn supports their dying business. ADN and their commentary are a pathetic mess.
    You are right Milo none of that should have surprised me. I need to move back to Fairbanks better paper and fewer stupid comments.

Ignorant is an understatement in reference to the comments on the article in the ADN.These posters are completely clueless when it comes to hunting or trapping.I couldn't help but notice the "High Powered Rifle" was considered a possible cause by more than one !!!! They were born ignorant,are ignorant now,and will die ignorant............................

Those people are amazing. They're able to turn an original post/article into a pointless flamewar even faster than we can. Impressive.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

I'm surprised there's only one page of comments so far. Last year a friend of ours shot a black bear that ate all his chickens. ADN posted an article about it and the hate comments generated afterward were amazing. Fortunately not all were negative, and some were downright funny but there really are some ignorant people out there.

Is there even any bear snaring authorized anywhere near the park entrance?

Yeah....that "LawfrAll" guy is a real winner....

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Yeah....that "LawfrAll" guy is a real winner....
    +1 My thoughts exactly

Ok I agree there are some uneducated nutcases in those comments. I mean have they never seen a leghold trap or a snare before geesh?
    That being said I do wonder how this happened. Not that it matters now but it is interesting to consider.
    It would be interesting if the park service ever found him dead or darted him and inspected the wound to see just how clean cut this wound was and eliminate some of the crazy ideas thrown out in those comments.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"