Thread: Kenetrek mountain 400

Default Kenetrek mountain 400

Sierra trading post has kenetrek mountain 400's for $299, plug in Almay2 for code they are down to $209 great deal get them in time to break them in for fall!

That's a steal for that boot!

Wow great buy on these.. Best boots I ever bought mine are 4 years down and still going strong.. I may have to get another pair at that price

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Indeed....seems like a great deal. I've never bought anything from STP. How are they to deal with......any problems?

Thanks for the heads up "danmiotke"

I like boot until they get wet then they loosen up and you can't get them snug again. Other than that there a great boot. Over priced for what they are tho. I was asking same question a couple years ago and Sid was correct in what he told me.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

209 is great price tho
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

They should change the name to "hill country" 400. They are a very good boot but the leather gets wet and they stretch to the point that you can't get them tight because the eyelets are literally touching . They are also not that torsionally rigid compared to other options and make it nearly impossible for the inside of your foot to bite or "edge" into the mountain when side-hilling. The ankle support is shot on mine after 3 seasons as the leather is totally broken down.

They are a very well made boot and the water-proofing is fantastic, I have literally stood in 7" of glacial water for 1/2 an hour dropping a jet-foot without the slightest leak. That said I will be replacing mine this year and even at this great price I will not be buying another set of Kenetreks. From what I have seen watching video of mule deer hunting I think the Mountain 400 may be perfectly suited for that type of terrain but not for the sheep hills, at least not for me!

Thanks you suckered me into spending some $. I guess it's still better than paying $100 for a cheap pair of rocky boots.

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    Thanks you suckered me into spending some $. I guess it's still better than paying $100 for a cheap pair of rocky boots.
    I am surprised it has taken you this long to buy a good pair of boots.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I am surprised it has taken you this long to buy a good pair of boots.
    DOC you are a funny man. I have the uninsulated version. Go save some lives and quit using up the bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    DOC you are a funny man. I have the uninsulated version. Go save some lives and quit using up the bandwidth.
    Just trying to give you guys some work by using more bandwidth.

Man I wish this was for the hardscrabble hikers! I have the mountain 400's and they have been great. Wet or dry I havent had the issues with mine that some have.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I'd have jumped on it if they had them in wide instead of just medium widths.......