Thread: Getting Started Shrimping

Default Getting Started Shrimping

Well I've picked up some of the basics but still have a couple questions.
    What size and how many buoy's, I thinking 1ea A-3 (17") per set. 1 set of 3 pots and 1 set of 2 pots.
    What is the best way to label your buoy's? Permanent marker or paint. What about your phone number?
    I have 5 of the stack-able pots and I'm thinking of using a mushroom anchor between the last pot and the buoy rather then weighting each pot.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    RD

Quote Originally Posted by Road Dog View Post
    Well I've picked up some of the basics but still have a couple questions.
    What size and how many buoy's, I thinking 1ea A-3 (17") per set. A-3's are a bit big but they will be fine, i set up folks with A-2's and some folks like to use a additional "bullet" buoy as a lead jug. 1 set of 3 pots and 1 set of 2 pots. That's how 90% of my customers are getting rigged.
    What is the best way to label your buoy's? Permanent marker or paint. A jumbo sharpie works good but those paint pens last longer What about your phone number? Why? If somebody wants to contact you then they can get the info from the AK numbers on the buoy, i don't like putting out to much info for the world to see.
    I have 5 of the stack-able pots and I'm thinking of using a mushroom anchor between the last pot and the buoy rather then weighting each pot. I like the weight in the pots, no use hauling something up that won't catch any shrimp !! Give me a call if you have any questions.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    RD
    Give me a call if you have any questions.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692