Thread: The longest your shrimp pots have soaked?

Default The longest your shrimp pots have soaked?

What's the longest you've had you pots in the water? And when you pulled them, how did you do compared to a "normal" soak? Had to pull the boat out of the water last weekend without retrieving my pots, so curious what I'll find this weekend (hopefully) when I can get back out and get them. I use the bait buckets with the pellets, so I don't expect the bait to be all used up like it would be if I had only hung a fish in the pot.

Usually after 3-4 days the take is less. They just swim out. If you have a problem like that, in the past I have called the trooper over here, and either pulled them out from another boat. Or, checked them once until I could get back in the water.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I regularly soak mine for 48 hrs and do well. I don't know about longer than that. I also use the pellets (shrimp crack) and there is always bait left in the jug.

I have soaked in passage canal for 4 days and had shrimp mixed with octo's.

We've had ours out for 3 weeks (or perhaps longer?) in the past. There were still shrimp in the pots, albeit a few less than might otherwise be expected.

I leave them out all summer and pull them twice every weekend, weather permitting. Longest has been 2-3 weeks and similar situation as Brian mentioned. Seems like there are more octopus showing up so the pots may be empty.