Thread: Kingfisher ESPAR install?

Default Kingfisher ESPAR install?

Anyone with a kingfisher have photos of the install of there Espar D4? I am planning on doing this real soon and wanted to get an idea where you put your exhaust, fuel tank and how you ran your duct work and to where.

My primary concerns are the exhaust noise, but a muffler can help with that and how you ran your duct work. I was not planning on running defrost ducts but if someone has a good idea for how to run ducting I would think about it. Also interested in where exactly you mounted it. I have a couple of options but one would require me to pull the whole galley out of the boat to gain access. This is my preferred location as then both my exhaust outlets (wallas cook top and Espar) would be on the same side of the boat, and I could use a shared fuel tank for the two.

Anyway if any Kingfisher owners have ideas or photos please share them.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I'll take sum picture tomorrow for you.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336770165.162566.jpg it will keep the cabin about 77. Pretty nice when weather is crap like it been lately

Thanks Mike.

Couple of questions, does it draw the combustion air from inside the bathroom?
    Does the heat blowing out into the cabin keep the sleeping area up front warm?
    How is the noise level of the unit, exhaust and fuel pump?

Thanks again for the pics, I actually never condisdered mounting it in the bathroom... now I have to look in mine and do some thinking.

John

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Just bought a 2007 2825 that has the Espar heater located in the gally. It also has defrosters. Fuel tank is located in the head. You are welcome to stop by and check it out if you are in ANC. I will also take some photos later today. New to this site so I need to figure out how to post pic's.

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Change View Post
    Just bought a 2007 2825 that has the Espar heater located in the gally. It also has defrosters. Fuel tank is located in the head. You are welcome to stop by and check it out if you are in ANC. I will also take some photos later today. New to this site so I need to figure out how to post pic's.
    That would be great if you can load up some photos, if not I will try to hook up with you when I get to town after next weekend. You could also email me the photos. I don't want to put my address out in the open on a internet forum, but I will get it to you via the forum email..

Thanks,
    John