Thread: What is the Best monofiloment for Flipping?

Default What is the Best monofiloment for Flipping?

Just wondering what peoples experiences with different monofiloments have been while flipping, abraison resistance, castability, overall fish success. I have tried Berkely big-game. Tough but really stiff, moderate abraison resistance. I have also used Maxima and wasn't impressed. A lot of people recommend Ande fishing line, what is its abraison resistance? I researched tuff stuff line. It's properties seem superior to most monos. Anyone know if this is just fly line tippet or can you buy spools for a spinning rod. Thanks

P-Line is one of the toughest.

Eagle River/ Juneau

it depends on what you want, there are tradeoffs to every different part of line. Like you can get a very supple line but it won't be super abrasion resistant, or you can have a really tough line and it will be stiff as all get out. I suppose when I use gear I use stren origonal or stren extra stregth, they do fine for me and are pretty inexpensive.

Myself I like fly line, super abrasion resistance, strong, supple, doesn't give you nasty line cut, strechy enough, the list goes on
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Eagle River (Home!)

ANDE Mono works well for me, and normally good price.

Default Line

Maxima Ultra Green